Dmitri Dynos 1060 on Fuel

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
holly sh!t he got it running last night trent??? how does it sound, everything ok so far?? was matt over with him or you?

Matt was down there working on it with Tim , they just texted me saying they finally got it going !!!!

:happy2::rofl: lets get it on ha ha i like the rule change, its not the first one to the stripe, its who goes through the fastest :rofl::D yeah i can see why all the fuel system work you did paid off, i should have took notes on what you did, but you know me im a lazy ass:rofl:

Its on Sucka , I'll even spot ya 7000 ft elevation :eek: :D

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Matt was down there working on it with Tim , they just texted me saying they finally got it going !!!!

Its on Sucka , I'll even spot ya 7000 ft elevation :eek: :D

thats awsome tell tim congrats for me if you talk to him before i do:happy2:

:rofl::happy2: ill take that elevation spot from you, make up for a few pounds on my wide hipped hooker:happy2: winner of mph of the weekend buys dinner next week at wingers by your house??:D

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Someone BAN this damn smiley :happy2: from Dmitri lol.

Although it fits him well lol. reminds me of seeing him jumping and running around 100mph lol.

Congrats man! Thats awesome! Sounds like you need another pump, more volume, less pressure.

Last edited:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
thank you everyone for all the tips and advice :hug: ill try and do what i can today and call it good till i put the motor in my single cab, then ill bypass the ficm like all you guys say, and run some man sized fuel line:happy2: thanks again everyone:hug::happy2:

So your showing up in BG next year in a 1500+ hp standard cab? Kewl........

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Someone BAN this damn smiley :happy2: from Dmitri lol.

Although it fits him well lol. reminds me of seeing him jumping and running around 100mph lol.

Congrats man! Thats awesome! Sounds like you need another pump, more volume, less pressure.

:happy2::D oh come on its cool ha ha, whats up man you coming to redding?? i know man i just put the draw straw in and dynoed 7 more horse than last night and sucked down even faster now on 2600 pulse :( the only thing i gained is the stroker pump holds better rail for longer

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
update, got the draw straw in, picked up 7 horse over yesterday on the tune right before the 1100 horse run, i didnt turn it up anymore to go for over 1100 yet cause the pump is sucking down to 0 faster at less pulse, the stroker pump is alot more calm now, thats all i can figure is to why i lost even more pressure is cause the pump is eating the volume, any thoughts anyone???:confused:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Nice numbers Dimitri,have you done any runs on spray yet?

thanks man, no not yet im upset at my lift pump situation not holding, even after adding the draw straw, it sucks faster now, i have learned something through all this, its alot harder to make big power on fuel, even if you have all the right setup to do it, fuel is ground @ pound compared to nos runs lol:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
thanks man, no not yet im upset at my lift pump situation not holding, even after adding the draw straw, it sucks faster now, i have learned something through all this, its alot harder to make big power on fuel, even if you have all the right setup to do it, fuel is ground @ pound compared to nos runs lol:D

NOS is for sissy's , lets go best MPH fuel only ;) it should be about even with the elevation difference :D

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
i think will do the dpc next year in the red truck again, what do you think man??? i believe the wheel base is a huge help??

Seems like it is at this power level. Just use what you seen from Larsons run in it and decide. It's kinda half and half . I think either one will kick ass but that's just me. You figure wheelbase would help in the tow and pull but lighter would be tops in the drag and brake/ mileage. No difference on the dyno of course.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
thats awsome tell tim congrats for me if you talk to him before i do:happy2:

:rofl::happy2: ill take that elevation spot from you, make up for a few pounds on my wide hipped hooker:happy2: winner of mph of the weekend buys dinner next week at wingers by your house??:D

[/COLOR]

NOS is for sissy's , lets go best MPH fuel only ;) it should be about even with the elevation difference :D

Just got back from a midnight test drive on the new tune , oh boy your in big trouble , i'll let you ask Tim how the old girl ran :D i think he is now short a few years of his life from hanging onto the roll bar for dear life :rofl:

MaxPowerLB7

Amateur
Nov 8, 2007
Spanish Fork, UT
Just got back from a midnight test drive on the new tune , oh boy your in big trouble , i'll let you ask Tim how the old girl ran :D i think he is now short a few years of his life from hanging onto the roll bar for dear life :rofl:

I can attest to it hauling balls! Or at least it sounded like it :cool: I could hear them racing up the street from two miles away :thumb:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Congrats Dimitri !

I had to laugh at the pressurizing the tank idea! Although it would work with some rigging, I pictures the next post to be " WTB 1350' air hose " lol

it would work on a dyno of you made sure you vent was sealed and tank was full,however it wouldn't fix the actual problom!

You have 2 issues- not enough volume and not enough pressure

I have talked to a few people now that build and work on these pumps and they truly believe you need more pressure to help the cp3 this is called precharge and anyone that works with pumps undertands this. It is not just with cp3 but any type of fluid pump

normally 30 psi is recomemded with correct suction lines to the pump.... Fluid dynics play a role I'm this (Eg: sweeps instead of 90s, distances, line size , density, temp)

However rob and tim hit the nail when they said increase the press! What this does essentialy is increase volume.

Take a pop bottle and poke a hole in the cap, the harder you squeeze the more volume that comes out:D

people are hesitant to belive that line size has lil effect, IMO the shortest distance of recovery the better but that s jmo

if you have 10 psi of 3/4 line and pumping into a 3/8 line and the distance is 10' or 10" what 3/8s line would fill faster?

I run basically a 3/4 line from the back of the truck se say overkill and laugh I say " no such thing"

people may argue with that but I don't have supply issues:D

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
On I phone edit that should say " fluid dynamics ":eek:

Good luck Dimitri ! Let's see what the truck will do in the 1/4:thumb: