DIY twins/ build thread

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You dont even know what this is about, so get back to finishing your waterpump/ leak issues and get that 700 hp truck to the track. all that smack talk, and no action:rofl:

Truck is being torn back down to add some more goodies... leak was resolved

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
i already answered that to you in your long list of pm's on the dp. do yourself a favor and buy a mpi kit or a industrial injection kit and be done with it! this project seems a little complicated for you.

Yep and I like to have a couple opinions and just make sure I do it right the first time.. Thanks for all the help you have gave me though. A little complicated? Far from it lol. The fabrication part will be a breeze. I was just not fimiliar with oil line sizes and lengths and where everyone was hooking them up to. I have see a guy I know blow his seals out when he built twins because he didn't use big enough drain lines, so thats why I have been double checking. Like I said, just like to get several ideas/opinions to make sure Im using the correct parts and then sort of do things in my own way. Helps getting tips from couple people so I don't have to spend money twice.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Yep and I like to have a couple opinions and just make sure I do it right the first time.. Thanks for all the help you have gave me though. A little complicated? Far from it lol. The fabrication part will be a breeze. I was just not fimiliar with oil line sizes and lengths and where everyone was hooking them up to. I have see a guy I know blow his seals out when he built twins because he didn't use big enough drain lines, so thats why I have been double checking. Like I said, just like to get several ideas/opinions to make sure Im using the correct parts and then sort of do things in my own way. Helps getting tips from couple people so I don't have to spend money twice.

Building twins is proper volumetrics to make them efficient. If that's a breeze how can you not figure how big of a line you'll need for an oil drain?

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Building twins is proper volumetrics to make them efficient. If that's a breeze how can you not figure how big of a line you'll need for an oil drain?

I said the fabrication part, building the piping and mounts etc.. I just said I was not fimiliar with the line sizes needed, the volume of oil that was moving thats why I didn't know what size lines to run.. Is it really that big of a deal???

BTW: Thanks to those that have helped me.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2006
TN
I said the fabrication part, building the piping and mounts etc.. I just said I was not fimiliar with the line sizes needed, the volume of oil that was moving thats why I didn't know what size lines to run.. Is it really that big of a deal???

BTW: Thanks to those that have helped me.

That's what happens when you ask questions for some reason. :confused:

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
he has pmed me over 25 times, he has pmed my buddy that made him a mouth piece at least 25 times, he has pmed mainer lots of times, he has pmed DuramaxPowered 4 times in 15 min. i will help anyone out and answer questions without a problem! but this guy has taken advantage of us and has not done research on this stuff. i dont think he is capable of doing this project and would be better off buying a mpi kit, and having a good diesel shop install it.

Lol well if you judge someone of there capabilities by ASKING QUESTIONS to learn something then thats pretty ridiculous.. Ya I have searched and looked for answers but the problem with that is you find a but of questions and never any real answers!! And just for the record I have pm'd the guy that made the mouthpiece numerous times because I PAID HIM for it and its still not right! Guess Ill just bite that one and get someone else to make me the correct flange. Do me a favor, next time you want to know a answer to something and you WILL ask them, make sure you get pissed at yourself for asking a question..

Last edited:

dmaxn04

Mar 1, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
its not that you are asking a question, its that you took a bunch of my time with pm s and then you go an post on other boards asking the same crap. on another note toman did make you another piece and you told him it needs locating tabs on the mouthpiece; it does not! the v-band will be sufficient. the tabs are for the people at the assy plant to make sure its in the same spot every time

Locating tabs? I def never said that! The way he made the flange the clamp has NO WAY POSSIBLE to bite down and hold the flange. I was trying to describe to him how a v band has a lip on it for the clamp to bite down onto.. This one won't work either that he remade.. The first flange he made your buddy even saw a picture of it and said hell no that won't work! Im by far no rookie or a beginner at this type of stuff or work, I just simply was unsure of a couple things about the setup. I appreciate your time you took to help me though seriously! I would of done the same for you.

Im done arguing. This is really not needed. Thanks though

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Locating tabs? I def never said that! The way he made the flange the clamp has NO WAY POSSIBLE to bite down and hold the flange. I was trying to describe to him how a v band has a lip on it for the clamp to bite down onto.. This one won't work either that he remade.. The first flange he made your buddy even saw a picture of it and said hell no that won't work! Im by far no rookie or a beginner at this type of stuff or work, I just simply was unsure of a couple things about the setup. I appreciate your time you took to help me though seriously! I would of done the same for you.

Do you still need an Al flange that will work?

Attachments

• flange 001.jpg
    flange 001.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 61
  • flange 002.jpg
    flange 002.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 52
  • flange 003.jpg
    flange 003.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 55

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
A good bit off topic but Trent, do you have a spare engine/block and parts for an engine build yet??? You define "flirting with disaster" and "on borrowed time".

Also curious if you've ever checked your compression and where it's at. :D

Sorry, just impressed by your truck and wanted to ask. :angel:

C-ya

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
maybe i will :D when is it ? i might have some new injectors in a few weeks :cool2:

It all depends IF our problem is only the injector cup. Rob has some business matters to attend to and he and his family are going on a float trip in about a week, so I'm assuming it will be after the 4th. That would be my guess. You will have to check with Rob. I'm trying to get the 06 together so I can make Spokane with it on the 25th. If Nathan passes on Woodburn I'll be driving Max'd Out at Woodburn on Aug 1.