Discuss

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I want first shot at banning him when I get the ok. I left CD for a reason and I don't need a CD mod twit putting shit down here.
Look at his gay lowered hermaphrodite truck being showed off in a low life trailer park. Stupid truck has more money in it than the trailers parked there.
That gay ( my computer does not have a usable A letter ) is a crybaby and is here to make trouble only.

I love you too Mike. Hugs and kisses buddy. :rofl:

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Watch. It with the supporting vendor talk of banning a regular member...that's where conspiracy theories come from.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I wonder if anyone has tried using those for what they are intended for?

If you have a built Dmax that is hard to get going due to big injectors/low compression, put a switch in the dash (or program using EFILive) to make warmup easier.

Might prove handy to the ether guys as well.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Can we all just get along and work with each other not against,We as diesel owners are going to have a hard time over the next year with the green people tying to stop are fun sport.all of us grow up and stop being ass's

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Tom, That heater takes up a decent portion of the intake flow, I pluged mine off. I've powered it up to see how it does, i put it in my Benz cause it needs one!
Heres a pic of a plug and you can kinda tell where its at, the MAP sensor is right there. Mines a Fed. truck but far as i know ALL LB7's had this element. You can pull off the power lead from it and off the glow controller box and should be ok, EFI shows no MIL illumination for it but i shut it off with EFI anyhow!

Attachments

• 327.JPG
    327.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 22

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I've listened to many higher-hp trucks at sledpulls, and also have heard many of Merchant's builds running, and I've never heard one sound that bad. Sounds like a gasser with a bad carburetor.

Granted, the charger/injector/cam combo may be causing it, but it almost sounds like one or two injector arent firing correctly.

Wow, I miss a half a day on here and I miss a whole thread ripping on our truck?:mad:

This was the initial run of the truck. We had it running in the garage prior but just idling. We had several issues (besides an angry belt). Most of the idle and smoking were from at least one hung injector, maybe more. No tuning could fix that.

Plus that was our goal, to have it not sound like every other built Dmax out there.;) The first year didn't work out so well but we haven't given up. Custom takes time.

Is this better?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEoxil82Go&feature=channel_page

Ed

But...you're Canadian...you don't matter anyway. LOL

05smoker....I never ripped on your truck. I just asked what was wrong with it.
Now that you posted what the issues were I wonder how all these experts feel that said it was a tuning issue? LOL

*cough cough* not all of us thought it was a tuning issue *cough cough*
Wheres my cookie? :rofl:

Thanks for showing me that IAH guys. I never knew we LB7 trucks had that. Mytimouse....I just may plug that this year. Every little bit helps.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
I'm still waiting on a response regarding this post.

Diesel power = Wade Moody = NGM Diesel = who cares? :rofl:

On topic though...did the hung open injector(s) do any piston damage ?
The CR Dodges seem to melt the pistons rather fast when one hangs open.
Not sure if the DMax's are eating them like that.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
No piston damage. That video was in the middle of the summer and it has had several tests/trials since then with no issues.

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Tom, That heater takes up a decent portion of the intake flow, I pluged mine off. I've powered it up to see how it does, i put it in my Benz cause it needs one!
Heres a pic of a plug and you can kinda tell where its at, the MAP sensor is right there. Mines a Fed. truck but far as i know ALL LB7's had this element. You can pull off the power lead from it and off the glow controller box and should be ok, EFI shows no MIL illumination for it but i shut it off with EFI anyhow!

hey mines a little different ;)

Attachments

• 1228680632244.jpg
    1228680632244.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 43

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
hey mines a little different ;)

Hey, i see a former kansas part:rofl::p;) Huh must be lil diffrance in model yr of LB7's? Didnt know that! Cool, still the heater seems to be in the same spot! I take it your intake/Y-bridge is stock right? Cause your I/C boot goes a ways down there, mine doesnt?

On Edit: Last pic looks like an older one, hard to see but the heater is still in (below MAP sensor, convoluted tubing over the power lead)

Attachments

• 198.JPG
    198.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 26
  • 199.JPG
    199.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 262.JPG
    262.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Hey, i see a former kansas part:rofl::p;) Huh must be lil diffrance in model yr of LB7's? Didnt know that! Cool, still the heater seems to be in the same spot! I take it your intake/Y-bridge is stock right? Cause your I/C boot goes a ways down there, mine doesnt?

On Edit: Last pic looks like an older one, hard to see but the heater is still in (below MAP sensor, convoluted tubing over the power lead)

your intake bridge not stock? :confused:
cause mine is.

i got teh 01 fed. not too many of mine around :cool:

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
your intake bridge not stock? :confused:
cause mine is.

i got teh 01 fed. not too many of mine around :cool:

Ya, mines all stock, minus the hole i drilled into it for M/W nozzle.:D
Least its stock.....For Now;) Looks like they did make a few changes. Mines Fed too, IIRC 06/03 production date?

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Ya, mines all stock, minus the hole i drilled into it for M/W nozzle.:D
Least its stock.....For Now;) Looks like they did make a few changes. Mines Fed too, IIRC 06/03 production date?

hrmm, theres a few mods i can think off. we must start a thread on cheap and unique lb7 mods eh?

lets see what kind of power a stock turbo lb7 can do :baby:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Tom "The Bac" Is already all over it! Theres a few of us standing in front the boiling kettle of "Maxed-out-stock-LB7" ideas, i've got me a spoon trying to stir up some ingredients too. ;)

Ive got "fuel" covered, enough to send rods/pistons packing:eek: I need more air, however and whatever i can do to maximize the stocker for now is at hand!