Discuss

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com

05smoker....I never ripped on your truck. I just asked what was wrong with it.
Now that you posted what the issues were I wonder how all these experts feel that said it was a tuning issue? LOL

Please... :rolleyes:

Yes, you did rip on his truck. Heck, you posted it in the "smoke signals" area at first. If you were actually interested in his truck, you could have PM'd him. He's a MEMBER OF YOUR BOARD for pete's sake. "Bringing them all together" is such a crock of dung.

So why don't you give us all a tuning lesson since you're Mr. Critic?

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Large injectors+big cam+low compression+excessive rail pressure in the lower RPMs =

Rough running, rattle, and white smoke until under boost.

Diesel Tech 101: Low compression, big injectors = Poor performance in low RPM's especially when cold.

If the compression is less than about 15.5:1, you're going to start having problems until the engine gets up to temp. That can't be fixed with tuning. There just isn't enough heat to get reliable combustion, hence all the ether you see used.

The big injector issue aggravates it.

McRat.....FAIL ! :rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Whatsamatter Pat ?
Don't cry...you were wrong...it's OK to admit it.:D

Lordy, if your truck ran anywhere near as strong as your mouth does, you'd be whupping Banks, instead of just being jealous of him. :D

Nope, I didn't hear 05Smoker's truck, since I don't get audio at work. However, I've heard lots of rough running diesels (usually they are right next to me getting a dose of ether in the waterbox), and the same things apply to all of them.

In this case, it appears it was a "first time startup" problem that was later resolved.

If you tuned your own stuff, you'd know.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
History lesson:

LB7's began with the high compression pistons, 17.5:1? and the biggest of the Dmax injectors. They needed an intake heater for startup.

LLY's put in smaller injectors, with the same pistons, and did away with the heater.

LBZ's dropped the compression to 16.8:1? and had to add the intake heater once again, even though they had smaller injectors.

When my engine bent the rods, the first indications of it were poor idling, white smoke, etc. Basically I created a 15:1 Dmax by shortening the rods .060". And when I built a 15.5:1 engine, ditto, until it warmed up.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
History lesson:

LB7's began with the high compression pistons, 17.5:1? and the biggest of the Dmax injectors. They needed an intake heater for startup.

sorry to off topic but it seems better than starting another thread just for this...does the IAH really do anything for a tuned LB7? i disconnected mine when i did the turbo and EGR delete.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
McRat.....FAIL ! :rofl:

I think you were never loved as a child. You seem to fire off at the smallest things with a vengeance. You like to dish it out but you sure can't take it.
I'm going to ban you soon; you know it don't you?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I think you were never loved as a child. You seem to fire off at the smallest things with a vengeance. You like to dish it out but you sure can't take it.
I'm going to ban you soon; you know it don't you?

Come on Mike. He is going to bum a beer to give you at Sun Coast.

:rofl:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Come on Mike. He is going to bum a beer to give you at Sun Coast.

:rofl:

I want first shot at banning him when I get the ok. I left CD for a reason and I don't need a CD mod twit putting shit down here.
Look at his gay lowered hermaphrodite truck being showed off in a low life trailer park. Stupid truck has more money in it than the trailers parked there.
That gay ( my computer does not have a usable A letter ) is a crybaby and is here to make trouble only.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Someone's going to have to show me a pic of an LB7 intake heater, because I've never seen one. Was it a 2001 thing?

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
I want first shot at banning him when I get the ok. I left CD for a reason and I don't need a CD mod twit putting shit down here.
Look at his gay lowered hermaphrodite truck being showed off in a low life trailer park. Stupid truck has more money in it than the trailers parked there.
That gay ( my computer does not have a usable A letter ) is a crybaby and is here to make trouble only.

I think he's trying to get himself banned. In his mind that would make Pat a hypocrit and he can then blast him on all the other forums (oh wait I guess there is only one other...:p).

He'll keep poking and prodding until he realizes he's an idiot or gets himself banned. The sad part is I visit alot of diesel and non diesel sites and there is always a "that guy" on just about every forum (most people even refer to them as "that guy")

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I think he's trying to get himself banned. In his mind that would make Pat a hypocrit and he can then blast him on all the other forums (oh wait I guess there is only one other...:p).

He'll keep poking and prodding until he realizes he's an idiot or gets himself banned. The sad part is I visit alot of diesel and non diesel sites and there is always a "that guy" on just about every forum (most people even refer to them as "that guy")

Exactly!
I started looking at some of his past posts......Alll he does is argue and whine:rolleyes: Rather annoying to say the least,I think that is his intentions though.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
No, we aren't going to ban diesel folk here. Dockboy already tried to get banned and gave up. Only illegal behavior will get an enthusiast banned. Words are just words.