DD/puller turbo

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I know most u guys don't drive ur pulling trucks on a daily basis. But I'm sure when u first got into pulling u did. I want to upgrade my turbo over the offseason and was wondering what a good DD/racer/puller single turbo was? I only pull at local fairs and I like to hang weight up front which puts me in the open class around here. I'm a little outclassed being a stock motor'd stock turbo truck. But I have made up for lack of power with my setup which usually gets me within 20ft of built motor'd 2.6/2.8 dodges and 6.4 ford one ton crew cabs. I don't want to blow up my motor quite yet. But I figured most of u guys have been in the position I'm in before u got a second truck and built motors. Thanks for any suggestions

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Well that's the thing, we really don't have classes. It's like a stock class and then an open class. And sometimes they clump everybody into one "diesel" class. It's weird. I've pulled against everything from a twinned dodge to a fully built 2.8 dodge. The only tech they do is measure ur hitch height. Lol I like the fact that I can throw my weights and weight rack in my truck and drive home. And I'm not the kinda guy that can drive a toyota prius to work everyday. I'm thinking maybe a nice single that will get me around 6-650hp to the wheels. I want twins super bad but I know if people get wind of that they will throw a fit. But I think twins r allowed in the open class around here.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I daily drive my truck and it has a danville stage 2 turbo with their modded cp3 . I pulled all year against some really well built 2.6 trucks and got some 2nds and 3rds and 4ths consistently toward the front of a 20 to 30 truck field . I was setting a fuel rail pressure code every time down the track so this winter I am putting a better cp3 on it.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Very very interested in this as well, I would be interested in a 2.6 turbo not to hijack your thread.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
No feel free to hijack. Lol I like all the interest in this. I've tried to read through the "which turbo is best for me threads" but i didn't want to ask it like that. I wanted to find guys with real world experience. I seriously drive my truck every single day. It's been the best vehicle I've ever owned, knock on wood. I can't handle not driving it. But the catch 22 is that I'm addicted to sled pulling which means broken parts, lmao. I keep hearing good things about the stage 2 from Danville. Does anyone pull with like a htt366?

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I run a billet s475 and dd it they spool soo much better then ppl give credit...went to see mark at Danville the other day he has some SWEET stuff on his shelf...there was a nice billet batmo port/polished 4094vgt that would make a killer stock replacement

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I run a billet s475 and dd it they spool soo much better then ppl give credit...went to see mark at Danville the other day he has some SWEET stuff on his shelf...there was a nice billet batmo port/polished 4094vgt that would make a killer stock replacement

Really? Maybe I should give mark a call

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
If you are not ready to do a rebuild yet, you might be a little leery of the s475. An HTT366 with fueling can bend rods. Just a thought....

onedirtymax

Feb 9, 2011

I'm in the same boat as you but this is what I'm going to go with after the first of the year!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Doesn't Trent have a sweet little DD single from precision he's putting together? That could be an option too?

I'd def talk to Mark as well if I were you. ;)

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
Not anymore I went to visit mark this past week and we got it on the dyno and really got it dialed in...it's like a different machine...he's by far the nices and most knowledgable person that's touched my truck yet...if I knew 1/10th of the stuff he does about turbo design and function I'd be flying

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
So I'm thinking a batmo 4094 would put me around 600ish right? I wonder what Trent has up his sleeves though???? Hmmm thanks for all the suggestions guys. I can brainstorm all day long and I always forget one or two options. I like to put some thought into my setups so I don't have to change things constantly.