DD/puller turbo

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
So I'm thinking a batmo 4094 would put me around 600ish right? I wonder what Trent has up his sleeves though???? Hmmm thanks for all the suggestions guys. I can brainstorm all day long and I always forget one or two options. I like to put some thought into my setups so I don't have to change things constantly.

Just curious, do you plan on doing dual fuelers and sticks? I am thinking along the same lines as you where I could use a little more John Wayne but dont want to take away too much driveablity. I am thinking of ditching the vvt and going with a nice 2.6 turbo. Just wondering how far you planned on going?

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I ran my gt4094 with a single cp3 for about two months and was winning in the mod class. Then I added duel fuelers and that really woke it up.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
AdaMax, or anyone with a Danville stg 2, how did that thing run/spool on stock nozzles?
I mostly pull my truck now and drive it occasionally but it never will be a dedicated puller-(gonna build another one if anything) so i def dont wanna take away the driveability or my exhaust brake!

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
Tuning is your best friend when it comes to any turbo imo . I believe mine spools just as fast or faster than my stock turbo . I put my nozzles in first but I have it tuned to where it doesn't smoke or haze unless it is a real hot day with a load on it in my low setting . Awesome turbo and I haven't even tapped its potential . Hopefully this year we can get it to smoke all the way down the track :thumb:

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Just curious, do you plan on doing dual fuelers and sticks? I am thinking along the same lines as you where I could use a little more John Wayne but dont want to take away too much driveablity. I am thinking of ditching the vvt and going with a nice 2.6 turbo. Just wondering how far you planned on going?

Depends on how much I have wrapped up in a turbo this winter. I would like to do 30-40% nozzles and a modded single pump also.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Streetable as in drive it everyday? I've heard 60's r a little big for a DD. I'm just asking cause I really have no experience with bigger turbo/injectors.

I ran for over a year with 60% overs and a 66-83mm s400 drove to work everyday hauled hay all summer long, hauled the cows to the stock yard, and then throw the weight rack and track bars on and pull mid class everytime at the sled pulls now I didnt just whoop ass but ppl knew I was there, come home from work many of times took the tail gate and tool box off and left here with in 50 min be sitting at the tree at beech bend and ran 12.3-12.5 second passes all night long.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I ran for over a year with 60% overs and a 66-83mm s400 drove to work everyday hauled hay all summer long, hauled the cows to the stock yard, and then throw the weight rack and track bars on and pull mid class everytime at the sled pulls now I didnt just whoop ass but ppl knew I was there, come home from work many of times took the tail gate and tool box off and left here with in 50 min be sitting at the tree at beech bend and ran 12.3-12.5 second passes all night long.

That's what I like to hear. Real world experience. Were u running a stock motor back then?

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Nice vids. Those 60's look like they clean up pretty good. Thanks for the input. I'm going to look into a setup like that. The racetrack in my backyard is reopening next year so I know I'm gonna race a few times also. I know my motor won't last forever but if I could run a setup like yours next year and hook 10 times and race a few times plus DD I would b a happy mf'er

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I would stick with a vgt before going to a 464 IMO...if you add the install kit for the 464 you could easily buy a good vgt get more HP and better spool up

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Nice vids. Those 60's look like they clean up pretty good. Thanks for the input. I'm going to look into a setup like that. The racetrack in my backyard is reopening next year so I know I'm gonna race a few times also. I know my motor won't last forever but if I could run a setup like yours next year and hook 10 times and race a few times plus DD I would b a happy mf'er

mine was a bone stock engine turbo made 50lbs of boost and dynoed 621hp and 1380 torque dunbar approved with ATP tuning