DBUSH goes all in

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
WTF!!!

How did you fly up there thinking it weas ready when its not even close?

Dude i know what these builds take and 6 weeks is really pushing it especially for a shop as big and busy as ATS. They have so much going on. Now its not done AND it was rushed. Holy shit i would go over every bolt. Sorry dude and good luck at the races video taping :roflmao: JK man what a bummer dude. ATS will get it so keep your head up!

Just so everyone is clear.... I was told to come and that the truck would be ready Thursday. I did not purposely fly here expecting to go in the shop and rush Chris. I am a picky guy. I'm picky with the work I do for my customers. That's why they pay me. If they wanted a rush job they would hire off Craigslist. Chris (the ATS Tech) is the same way. He takes his time and is not the fastest but he cares and he is good. I saw how far along things were today and decided my presence would only slow things down so I left. I believe in them and will be patient.

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
Just so everyone is clear.... I was told to come and that the truck would be ready Thursday. I did not purposely fly here expecting to go in the shop and rush Chris. I am a picky guy. I'm picky with the work I do for my customers. That's why they pay me. If they wanted a rush job they would hire off Craigslist. Chris (the ATS Tech) is the same way. He takes his time and is not the fastest but he cares and he is good. I saw how far along things were today and decided my presence would only slow things down so I left. I believe in them and will be patient.

Thats good... but didnt you tell them you needed it by a certain dead line and if they couldnt do it not to even bid on the job? I know you Damian, and im sure you werent very happy. Looks good though and fly safe man.

Pretty big goof and expensive to fly up for nothing.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thats good... but didnt you tell them you needed it by a certain dead line and if they couldnt do it not to even bid on the job? I know you Damian, and im sure you werent very happy. Looks good though and fly safe man.

Pretty big goof and expensive to fly up for nothing.

Yes I'm not happy at all about all these travel expenses. Yes you are right, I did express I wanted it done in time for the races. I did make it clear that was a wish not a demand. If it "couldn't be done" I would either not start the build or seek another capable shop. Hindsight is 20/20 and I should have used my better intuition. You called this last week and you were right. I should have known. Most guys that do engine builds are down for months. Thinking mine would be any different was wishful thinking. Plane just landed, glad to be home and support all the guys who are ready to race!!!

Damian when you get your truck done i have soemthing for you to test out for me :) You will love it!
Now you got me all hot and bothered!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Word on the street is that Garrett drove his truck out of the shop last week. It's been hiding for 2 years :dancenana:

I'm very excited to see his run as well as yours. He arguably has to be packing the most power of anyone coming...he has waited a long time to really let that thing eat. Glad he is gonna make it. For those who don't know Garett Bonds, here is a pic of his motor.
7d770251.jpg

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for the support guys, I'm not gonna lie racing this weekend meant a lot to me and I'm pretty bummed. I just keep reminding myself that this is for the best. The truck will have good heat cycles and city driving for break in. What I had intended and what you fellas helped me figure out. The wife is ticked more than me. Diesel stuff only makes her happy when I win $ racing lol I'm not even kidding. She got home a minute ago and first thing she said was better work hard before our vacation now that our truck won't be winning any money.:rofl:

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Thanks for the support guys, I'm not gonna lie racing this weekend meant a lot to me and I'm pretty bummed. I just keep reminding myself that this is for the best. The truck will have good heat cycles and city driving for break in. What I had intended and what you fellas helped me figure out. The wife is ticked more than me. Diesel stuff only makes her happy when I win $ racing lol I'm not even kidding. She got home a minute ago and first thing she said was better work hard before our vacation now that our truck won't be winning any money.:rofl:

That is awesome!!!! Wish my wife had the same attitude towards it. :roflmao:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yeah buddy!!! get that bad boy back and lets see how shes does!!!! :D

Last edited: