Danville Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I have a friend with a LBZ and he was wanting a dsp5 with a lope tune on it well I asked around to see who was good with tuning lope tunes and I was sent to danville performance by a good friend of mine who has had his whole truck by danville you southern bunch have seen him pull the single cab white 05 gmc with the hood stack the superior fence truck well I talked to Mark and asked about everything and he charged me $399 for the tunes well I had Mark to send me the dsp5 tunes I louded them up on my friends truck for the lope to not work at all well i emailed Mark and asked why wouldnt the lope work for him to tell me this

Sorry about that, LBZ's don't like to lope properly like LB7 and LLY's.
Unfortunately there is not a whole lot I can do about it. Thanks,
Mark

So Thanks for the Heads Up Danville

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
so r u complaining or informing folks the lbz doesn't lope much? I know I've heard gene jolly's truck (lbz) lope like no other and I'd venture to say it was ALL in the tuning. :thumb:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
so r u complaining or informing folks the lbz doesn't lope much? I know I've heard gene jolly's truck (lbz) lope like no other and I'd venture to say it was ALL in the tuning. :thumb:

Im just pissed that my friend got charged $400 for something that dont even work and then he dont even wanna make it right

and how is gene I havnt seen much of him pulling this year

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
how is gene I havnt seen much of him pulling this year

I talked to gene the other day seems to be really busy lately...he pulled in corbin a while back but i havent seen him since...I've had him tune my truck before and he does some good work

Last edited:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Really? All your friend wanted was a lope tune so it could sound "cool"? How does the truck run? Does it run good? Did Mark not quote you the price up front? Or did your buddy just drop off the truck and say "make it lope" with no expectations of the price he'd be charged? I would never in a million years pay someone to tune a truck to make it sound a certain way at idle. That is ridiculous, you should pay someone to tune it to make it perform better.
Yes, I have used Danville for my turbo, and my tuning, as well as a few other things, so perhaps I'm a little biased here, but if I had paid $400 dollars for a lope tune, and all it did was lope and ran like shit, I think that would concern me a little more than the lope sound. To each his own, sorry your frustrated.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Really? All your friend wanted was a lope tune so it could sound "cool"? How does the truck run? Does it run good? Did Mark not quote you the price up front? Or did your buddy just drop off the truck and say "make it lope" with no expectations of the price he'd be charged? I would never in a million years pay someone to tune a truck to make it sound a certain way at idle. That is ridiculous, you should pay someone to tune it to make it perform better.
Yes, I have used Danville for my turbo, and my tuning, as well as a few other things, so perhaps I'm a little biased here, but if I had paid $400 dollars for a lope tune, and all it did was lope and ran like shit, I think that would concern me a little more than the lope sound. To each his own, sorry your frustrated.

Only thing he got was the tunes from danville $399 for tunes $50 for the dsp5 switch and $100 for a v2 license I told mark on the phone that he wanted a mileage,tow,street,lope,hot tune and he said that will be $399 well we expected to get what we paid for and when we flashed the tunes and he didnt get a lope out of that tune like he paid for it made him upset and when I called danville back the phone was busy so I emailed Mark to try and fix the problem he pretty much just said tough shit thanks for your business I mean he he cant make a LBZ lope then tell ppl before you sale them tunes that you cant make them lope properly instead of charging somebody money for nothing then not even offering a little bit of support to help fix the problem

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD

I think your missing the point, I don't like a lope tune either but Mark said he could make one and the guy paid money for it and didn't get it. If Mark can not make it then he should have not told the guy he could do it. When he told them there's nothing he could do about it he should have offered to make another tune at least, cuase they paid for 5 tunes.... JMO

Last edited:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
No, I don't think I am. Was the SOLE purpose of getting the truck tuned to make it lope? If it was, then I totally see the frustration. If it was presented as "I'd like a DSP5 setup, with some different tunes, and can you make one of them lope" then perhaps Mark didn't realize the emphasis that Loping was hands down the most important thing that needed to be done to this truck. That's all I'm saying. There are 2 sides to every story, and somewhere in between lies the truth. :thumb: Sorry your buddies expectations weren't met Wes.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I think your missing the point, I don't like a lope tune either but Mark said he could make one and the guy paid money for it and didn't get it. If Mark can not make it then he should have not told the guy he could do it. When he told them there's nothing he could do about it he should have offered to make another tune at least, cuase they paid for 5 tunes.... JMO

I see what your getting at. Loping is gay IMO but buddy wants it, pays for it, but doesn't get it, then the seller needs to make things right one way or another.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Call them and if Mark's not available talk to Larry. I think there might be a bit of a misunderstanding because I know for a fact Danville will bend over backwards for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.