Danville Performance 72MM VVT

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Congrat's

Nice job. I see alot of people with "more power" than what there trucks run in the quarter. My numbers were always pretty close et wise with there dyno numbers. It's not marks first rodeo! jeff

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What the F is with all the negativity lately? I think he is well aware of the dangers, he has been on here awhile... Can't someone be excited about there truck without someone calling them a liar? Lighten up!

Nobody is calling him a liar. Its just called "reality". 1200ftlbs will bend stock rods. Too many of us have seen it, done it. Mark's tuning is heavy on torque below 3000rpm, too. That doesnt help. I myself am just trying to warn him, because an expensive engine build is literally just around the corner for this guy. I hope he has the $$ for that. If he doesnt want to listen, enjoy himself and go for it. We'll enjoy reading the "engine build" thread next year.

Its great that Mark and Brayden are bringing options like this to the table. It really is. We need more of this.
But are these guys testing these chargers on stock bottoms really thinking it through first? One stock truck making it a season at that power level doesnt mean ALL trucks will.
Its not like these shops are going to fix their engines for free when (not "if") the rods let go. Maybe this guy doesnt care? Maybe he's one of those "More money than brains" guys. I dont know. The cheerleading, though, is annoying. This isnt DF...thank God.

BTW, Deutch's truck has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. It is a completely different (exceptional) animal than even a standard 2500HD RC/LB.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Trucks have been tuned to make lots of HP at higher RPM's and live, but correct me if I'm wrong they were low on torque especially on the bottom end? I'm not knocking the OP, I think his truck is bad ass!

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Nobody is calling him a liar. Its just called "reality". 1200ftlbs will bend stock rods. Too many of us have seen it, done it. Mark's tuning is heavy on torque below 3000rpm, too. That doesnt help. I myself am just trying to warn him, because an expensive engine build is literally just around the corner for this guy. I hope he has the $$ for that. If he doesnt want to listen, enjoy himself and go for it. We'll enjoy reading the "engine build" thread next year.

Its great that Mark and Brayden are bringing options like this to the table. It really is. We need more of this.
But are these guys testing these chargers on stock bottoms really thinking it through first? One stock truck making it a season at that power level doesnt mean ALL trucks will.
Its not like these shops are going to fix their engines for free when (not "if") the rods let go. Maybe this guy doesnt care? Maybe he's one of those "More money than brains" guys. I dont know. The cheerleading, though, is annoying. This isnt DF...thank God.

BTW, Deutch's truck has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. It is a completely different (exceptional) animal than even a standard 2500HD RC/LB.

Tom, we all know the risks involved with these trucks when taken over stock power levels and Matt is no exception to this rule. This is actually the second motor in his truck becuase a wrist pin bushing spun in a rod for no rhyme or reason, shit happens. Rods weren't bent in that motor when we took it apart to find the wrist pin bushing failure. We know all to well the reality of this game, keep playing with fire and you will get burnt. Like Jeff said, not first rodeo and I am used to the negativity thats fine, I get it. I really want to be a sponsor on this forum but really don't want to spend the money if all I am going to get is negativity feedback that really isn't deserved. We have dropped as much torque out of Matt's truck as possible as it is at 1068ftlbs with this charger and tire combo. The charger that was on his truck had produced over 1450ftlbs on another built so I feel it was as safe as we could be for the hp being produced. I dissagree on Brett's truck being an exception to the rule, yes it is lighter and all that but he dynoed 765hp and ran a TON of high 10 second passes at 124+mph this year without any issues. He was .7 second faster than me at the same power level becuase of chassis setup, regardless he was making WAY more power than he should have on a stock LLy motor. I build what my customers ask for and always warn them of the potential outcomes. I also believe my dyno is pretty damn accurate as we have taken the same setup and ran it on an engine dyno and then on my chassis dyno and the numbers from the engine dyno suggest I am pretty damn close, not way off in left field like some of you seem to think.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana

I definetly don't have more money than brains! Believe me I know the risks!! I'm just your average working guy still making 2 truck payments as my wife has a LLY as well!!! Its taking me 6 years to make my truck like this!!!!

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Im assuming this is your dd? I know vvt is more forgiving how does it spool?
what size exhaust housing?

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Im assuming this is your dd? I know vvt is more forgiving how does it spool?
what size exhaust housing?

It is my daily driver. It spools about like my 68 did!! I pulled a trailer all summer for one of my buddys pulling truck. No issues. I believe the exhaust housing is the same as a 4094. Mark will have to answer that though!!!

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Trucks have been tuned to make lots of HP at higher RPM's and live, but correct me if I'm wrong they were low on torque especially on the bottom end? I'm not knocking the OP, I think his truck is bad ass!

Ecc33 and Bullfrogjohnson both had their setups tuned for higher rpms and they might of had 2 good rods left between them. That recipe works for some and not others.

Whether the numbers are high or not, mark knows how to use the dyno and does a great job baselining the trucks and getting the most out of each setup. The true purpose of an in house dyno.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Ecc33 and Bullfrogjohnson both had their setups tuned for higher rpms and they might of had 2 good rods left between them. That recipe works for some and not others.

Whether the numbers are high or not, mark knows how to use the dyno and does a great job baselining the trucks and getting the most out of each setup. The true purpose of an in house dyno.

LMAO man bullfrogjohnson must have had 2 good rods left then cause all of mine were horse shoes lol. IMHO you need to be around 700hp to run the 11.90 class. Don't be surprised if you just run 12.20's