Danville Performance 72MM VVT

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
For some reason, this thread got off-track...The thread starter is aware of connecting rod issues, let's get back to discussing the new Danville VVT...

Thank you...

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
For some reason, this thread got off-track...The thread starter is aware of connecting rod issues, let's get back to discussing the new Danville VVT...

Thank you...

"For some reason"...... That's a joke right? Read back through the tread, you should be able to find the reason. Same dicks, different thread.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
playa's gonna play and hatters gonna hate.

Playa's gonna play :woott:

Mark and his gang are all good guys, good guys to hang out with and talk too. I think he knows his dyno is not the baseline for diesel performance and they're just a tuning tool.

Hell the midwest is the mecca... everybody else is just trying to keep up.:D

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I'm waitin for paint to say jimdmax truck numbers are inflated. I've seen that truck in person many times at pulls and I think its numbers are under rated. That things a beast. But if marks dyno did it has to be. Lol love the new tech and parts mark and his team bring. I will be goin there soon to gets some inflated numbers.:roflmao:

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
How is the 60 for drag racing. Is it smooth. Does it wheel hop much. Spring or coil over 4 link?

60s are in the low 1.7s launching at about 12-14 lbs. I think it is smooth. It doesn't walk around like the ifs. I am running de arched excursion springs now. I'm 3 inches above stock height.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Playa's gonna play :woott:

Mark and his gang are all good guys, good guys to hang out with and talk too. I think he knows his dyno is not the baseline for diesel performance and they're just a tuning tool.

Hell the midwest is the mecca... everybody else is just trying to keep up.:D

Affirmative on the Mecca.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Congrats on the numbers!!:thumb:

How big is the exhaust side of that turbo? Any pics the dyno graph? Curious how the powercurve looks. Hows the drive pressure at higher rpms?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
60s are in the low 1.7s launching at about 12-14 lbs. I think it is smooth. It doesn't walk around like the ifs. I am running de arched excursion springs now. I'm 3 inches above stock height.
I've seen it run (before it was lowered down), and it looked pretty smooth to me.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Congrats on the numbers!!:thumb:

How big is the exhaust side of that turbo? Any pics the dyno graph? Curious how the powercurve looks. Hows the drive pressure at higher rpms?

It's the 4094 as of now. Going to run for a bit then change to a clipped wheel later. Drive pressure is nearly 1:1 above 2500 rpm. 38 boost/44 drive. Here is the link to the pic of the turbo and dyno graph. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/t...eperformance-72mm-billet-stg2-vgt-alive.htmlI can't post pics from my phone. If some would like to post a pic for me that would be awesome!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Thats a very nice HP curve. Torque comes up quick which will be nice on the street. With the vanes completely open I am curious what AR standard exhaust housing it would compare to?