Dammot!!!!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011

Had a little case of big jump, small brain, and a wind gust. Did this Wednesday night, I'm still bored in the hospital.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011

I guess When I came to, I kept trying to get my buddies to help me get up. They were like "your leg is pointing the wrong way." I told them to straighten it out and help me up. Lol. I was lucky enough to get a ride out on a turbo'd RZR 1000 with long travel kit. It was smoother riding over the whoops In that rzr than it was from the parking lot to the hospital in the car. My Helmet and leatt neck brace saved my life. I'll post a picture of my helmet when I get home. I completely smashed the front face cover area, enough that I broke my nose and bit thru my lips. I'm feeling very blessed.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I feel your pain, broke my Femur in 08 on my dirtbike, I gave up riding after that. hope you get to feelin better!!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I sold my 4 wheeler today, main reason was because I'm too scared of getting hurt on it. I've got too much on my plate to be laid up in the hospital for a few months. I'd rather crash my truck into a brick wall while street racing anyways:D

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I sold my CBR when I got married, figured I'd already used up all my luck so it was time to move on to being an adult. Not bashing the OP just my personal thoughts at the time lol!

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I sold my CBR when I got married, figured I'd already used up all my luck so it was time to move on to being an adult. Not bashing the OP just my personal thoughts at the time lol!

No offense taken.

Some of us are slow learners. My wife and three kids are much more important to me, and that is why my bike will be for sale. I broke my bikes fall (at least that's what I'm told) so it only suffered a broken front fender and slightly tweaked handle bars.

I also have a farm to tend, but I am lucky because I have a bunch of friends and family that have stepped up and offered their help.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Stuff happens at the most least opportune time, the hardest part of your injury will be the fact you have to stay put for a while when your use to working 6-7 days a week.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
No offense taken.

Some of us are slow learners. My wife and three kids are much more important to me, and that is why my bike will be for sale. I broke my bikes fall (at least that's what I'm told) so it only suffered a broken front fender and slightly tweaked handle bars.

I also have a farm to tend, but I am lucky because I have a bunch of friends and family that have stepped up and offered their help.

If you need help with the your trucks or anything message me man I can't own those things anymore I've gotten lucky to many times and stopped while I was ahead

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Get better soon man! My Leatt saved me
A couple years ago... But I know have upper back pain/ or go limp with something hits the top of my spine because of the brace. It was a shitty deal. Haven't had a dirt bike in two years? Been looking to
Get another one. But with a house, bills, and a sales team to
Watch over getting hurt is not an option.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011

I walked up and down the hall yesterday with the help of crutches. They changed my dressing this morning so I had them snap a picture of my staples. That's one baby smooth ass and leg... lol

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa

I walked up and down the hall yesterday with the help of crutches. They changed my dressing this morning so I had them snap a picture of my staples. That's one baby smooth ass and leg... lol
How long before you can walking? I got 6 to 10 weeks be for my cast will be off and with it being my right leg that's busted, its like I am 15 again and can't drive.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Since I have rods and screws supporting my break, I will be able to drive within 3 weeks or so. Where did you break yours? My buddy broke his tib/fib and then got compartment syndrome. He's lucky he still has a leg. Hope you get healed up quick too!

Femur breaks are supposed to be pretty painful, but so far it's not too bad. Unfortunately, I've had worse injuries.

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys!

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Gonna have aches and pains now the rest of your life. Broke my femur at the knee when I was 15/16. Broke it on a bmx ra cing my buddies to school. Walked on it all day (not smart, but I didn't wanna seem weak...girls were hanging off me lol). I kept the screw when I he it removed finally a few years back. I sure do feel the weather change though.

Wish you the best bud! Enjoy the meds. Gravel+morphine+Tylenol 3= one awesome high :D:thumb: