CP Carrillo Pistons

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Agreed. There is more than likely an assembly issue causing blowby. Blaming thepiston and ring combo is a little near sighted imo!

This was my train of thought as well he's had issues from the get go with cold starts and other things that shouldn't have really been that bad even with forged pistons imo. But I don't say much as It always gets misconstrued

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
This was my train of thought as well he's had issues from the get go with cold starts and other things that shouldn't have really been that bad even with forged pistons imo. But I don't say much as It always gets misconstrued

These Pistons have never really been in the cold before they were in my truck, and the two trucks that have had cold starts show the exact same symptoms. It's not just my motor having the blowby and cold starts, which makes blaming assembly a little far sighted IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
I run Arias pistons

I have had great luck with there stuff. I'm do for Pistons next rebuild so I may give these a try. I have run mine from 2008 or 2009. I'm not sure exactly but they have been beat on a bunch.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
These Pistons have never really been in the cold before they were in my truck, and the two trucks that have had cold starts show the exact same symptoms. It's not just my motor having the blowby and cold starts, which makes blaming assembly a little far sighted IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can assure you that the piston in itself is not what is causing any blow by. Now for hazing problems I can tell you that coatings and metal characteristics can cause some hazing but that should not be a dramatic amount. Your pistons probably take more time than some others with them being hard anodized and using 2618 alloy. My pistons are Arias pistons and gave both hard anodizing and are 2618 alloy. I do not have any problems with blow by or hazing bad in cold weather. The wrong wall roughness and wrong end gap will causes real problems for you. With the gapless top ring I run .040 end gap and do lot have a single issue. Just look into those areas and you will get it working right for you.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I can assure you that the piston in itself is not what is causing any blow by. Now for hazing problems I can tell you that coatings and metal characteristics can cause some hazing but that should not be a dramatic amount. Your pistons probably take more time than some others with them being hard anodized and using 2618 alloy. My pistons are Arias pistons and gave both hard anodizing and are 2618 alloy. I do not have any problems with blow by or hazing bad in cold weather. The wrong wall roughness and wrong end gap will causes real problems for you. With the gapless top ring I run .040 end gap and do lot have a single issue. Just look into those areas and you will get it working right for you.

I am not trying to blame the piston, but I am not impressed with the rings that they have come with. I figured I would put in my opinion as I have talked with a lot of different people about this topic before it was even brought up on the forums.

Next time around I'll be going mahle.

Maybe CP (Pistonseller) wouldn't mind commenting about the rings? And confirming if the Pistons can be ran with different rings other than CP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I have had problems with Mahle top rings the last 2 seasons, I will be tearing engine down to install Tool Steel top rings this time instead of the standard top ring...I am annealing the rings from heat.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Cast, bitches.

Just kidding, I am not going to lie. If i ever do another motor, it will be hard to talk myself out of going forged.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA