CP Carrillo Pistons

Mikey

Drag Racer
Jun 13, 2009
sorry to go a little off subject but Ross Pistons is making them with top fuel pins

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Nice looking pistons by the way. Not my choice in bowl design,but well done regardless.!

Most piston companies will make a custom design for a little extra $$. You get your own Part # too:) I was told a few companies to stay away from while doing this though, because of theft of your ideas.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Are they all .70 reliefs? They were deep enough to clear my cam with .5xx+ lift and 270+ duration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That cam duration isn't the real number you should like at for the duration spec for determining valve clearance. 270 plus would be overall duration. There is duration under .050 that doesn't effect determining clearance at all. At .050 you are probably less than 220 degree duration. Valve timing events determine if that much of a relief will be enough. When the valve opens and closes and at what degree of crank rotation. .075 reliefs handle 95 percent if all the cams out there. I actually run .100 reliefs.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
That cam duration isn't the real number you should like at for the duration spec for determining valve clearance. 270 plus would be overall duration. There is duration under .050 that doesn't effect determining clearance at all. At .050 you are probably less than 220 degree duration. Valve timing events determine if that much of a relief will be enough. When the valve opens and closes and at what degree of crank rotation. .075 reliefs handle 95 percent if all the cams out there. I actually run .100 reliefs.

My duration for .50 is 217 intake and 225 exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I was going to say it was too big for a truck that driven around. If you stay around 200 to 205 duration at 50 and 500 lift you will have about the best of both world's for power and drivability. Keep lsa at 110 to 112.

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Most piston companies will make a custom design for a little extra $$. You get your own Part # too:) I was told a few companies to stay away from while doing this though, because of theft of your ideas.

No doubt. I think piston manufacturers should spend a little more time researching bowl design. What works for emissions is nowhere near ideal for maximum performance. Injector spray angle/hole size/hole count all play a role in bowl width, depth and volume.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
No doubt. I think piston manufacturers should spend a little more time researching bowl design. What works for emissions is nowhere near ideal for maximum performance. Injector spray angle/hole size/hole count all play a role in bowl width, depth and volume.
Agreed sir. I'm a fan of the Aries/diamond wide bowl design and subsequent changes thereto.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I remember a few years ago when forged pistons were the next big thing there was talk about not running them in daily driver motors due to premature ring wear. They beat the ringlands up... is this still the case?

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I remember a few years ago when forged pistons were the next big thing there was talk about not running them in daily driver motors due to premature ring wear. They beat the ringlands up... is this still the case?

Unless someone has come up with some supersonic aluminum that is stronger than steel, yes that is still the case.