CP Carrillo Pistons

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Care to disclose why? I'm in the market fir pistons and want to weigh all of my options.

From what we have seen so far they are blow by champions. 2 different engine builders, cp pistons...they like to spit oil and haze out of the breathers.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
What rings do they send with these Pistons out of curious? Are they regular cast or moly faced ? i wouldn't think it would be a seating issue but sounds like ring gaps could be improved for sure

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Most blow by problems come from either improper break in or improper cylinder wall finish. Most forged piston use 1/16, 1/16 and 3/16 rings. There are plenty if choices on rings.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I'm pretty sure they didn't do a one off ring design. The cost and other problems from astigma attached because of one ring design would keep them from selling. As long as the ring land height is the same as others and I believe it is you could use any manufacture offering those sizes. I run Seal Power with a gapless top ring. They looked excellent when I took it apart. I will be going back with the same rings except in their M2 top ring which us their best available ring. I had zero sign of combustion getting by the top ring.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Pistons

The Pistons look good from what I can see. I run 1/16 rings and have never had a blowby problem. I also run more than most pw clearance. I also run a lot of end gap! To tight of end gap and I promise you will have blowby!

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I'm pretty sure they didn't do a one off ring design. The cost and other problems from astigma attached because of one ring design would keep them from selling. As long as the ring land height is the same as others and I believe it is you could use any manufacture offering those sizes. I run Seal Power with a gapless top ring. They looked excellent when I took it apart. I will be going back with the same rings except in their M2 top ring which us their best available ring. I had zero sign of combustion getting by the top ring.

Cp Pistons have to use Cp rings, I've tried swapping to other rings since my motor is out and no other rings will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CurtisEmery

Mar 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
The Pistons look good from what I can see. I run 1/16 rings and have never had a blowby problem. I also run more than most pw clearance. I also run a lot of end gap! To tight of end gap and I promise you will have blowby!

Agreed. There is more than likely an assembly issue causing blowby. Blaming thepiston and ring combo is a little near sighted imo!