Compounds or single?

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
The out of the box version is only a small 83mm tw so that is very tight

from mobile

That particular LML kit Is using a t4 with 87 turbine. Cast 75 comp.

Plow boy,
That's only on the LML emissions compliant kits. It works excellent and is a blast to drive, currently supporting 640 rwhp and all pressures are still in check. Although it is a more costly turbo so you won't see it in our basic kits. The t6/87turbine 1.10 ar is more cost effective and works very well. They are not as popular and you usually don't see them used much, mainly because the box 475's are cheap with the 1.32. but I bet if you tried it out (the 1.10) you wouldn't go back :thumb: again, being on a stock injector/pump truck. If your planning on pushing an s475/stock twin kit hard and adding fuel then you'll opt for the larger AR obviously..

LLYSMOKE

On a Time Out
Nov 21, 2013
Alright guys twins it is now for the real question how hard can the stock turbo be pushed ?

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Over a stock turbo, s475 or s480 should be more than sufficient, there is such a thing as 'too much' turbo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
That particular LML kit Is using a t4 with 87 turbine. Cast 75 comp.

Plow boy,
That's only on the LML emissions compliant kits. It works excellent and is a blast to drive, currently supporting 640 rwhp and all pressures are still in check. Although it is a more costly turbo so you won't see it in our basic kits. The t6/87turbine 1.10 ar is more cost effective and works very well. They are not as popular and you usually don't see them used much, mainly because the box 475's are cheap with the 1.32. but I bet if you tried it out (the 1.10) you wouldn't go back :thumb: again, being on a stock injector/pump truck. If your planning on pushing an s475/stock twin kit hard and adding fuel then you'll opt for the larger AR obviously..

Could a box stock s472 be changed over to a 1.10 by just changing the housing and would tuning be any different? The wastegate would have to be adjusted some.

Iowadmax

Feb 21, 2013
north central iowa
I don't know why people are telling you to search the forums, your probably like me and have done that and get sick of it. Everything changes so fast in the diesel world that there is no almost point in reading about turbos from last month, let alone 3 years ago! I have an s475 double batmo wheel with 87 1.0 turbine. It's pushed by 175% exergys, twin pumps, built bottom end, with a lose converter it's still my daily driver. It spools fairly well for a 900hp single turbo truck. I wouldn't head to the mountains with another truck in tow but if I have pulled smaller loads and it does fine . I wouldn't spend the money for a garret if you want fixed vane I'd go with a s400 like you said. I'm no turbo expert, just sharing what I have. Have you considered danville's 72 vgt?

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
How would a 472/83/1.10 t6 over stock lbz turbo perform? Would this combo work better then a 475/96/1.32 t6 over stock?

LLYSMOKE

On a Time Out
Nov 21, 2013
I don't know why people are telling you to search the forums, your probably like me and have done that and get sick of it. Everything changes so fast in the diesel world that there is no almost point in reading about turbos from last month, let alone 3 years ago! I have an s475 double batmo wheel with 87 1.0 turbine. It's pushed by 175% exergys, twin pumps, built bottom end, with a lose converter it's still my daily driver. It spools fairly well for a 900hp single turbo truck. I wouldn't head to the mountains with another truck in tow but if I have pulled smaller loads and it does fine . I wouldn't spend the money for a garret if you want fixed vane I'd go with a s400 like you said. I'm no turbo expert, just sharing what I have. Have you considered danville's 72 vgt?
Exactly .. yeah I thought about a danville but don't care much for the vgt stuff ... I'm picking a s472 up tomorrow ill try that if I don't like it I'm doing the twins like I said a few posts back

LLYSMOKE

On a Time Out
Nov 21, 2013
anyone know where to find an ats driver side ic pipe v band flange for a s400????
looked on there web side and cant find it anywhere

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
How would a 472/83/1.10 t6 over stock lbz turbo perform? Would this combo work better then a 475/96/1.32 t6 over stock?

Others have pointed out that the s472 would spool faster than the s475, but I think the s472 wouldn't have near the top end of the s475 because of the smaller size. I feel like the s472 would choke off on the top end, causing the stock turbo to have to work harder. Is any of this possible? or I am in left field?

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
Others have pointed out that the s472 would spool faster than the s475, but I think the s472 wouldn't have near the top end of the s475 because of the smaller size. I feel like the s472 would choke off on the top end, causing the stock turbo to have to work harder. Is any of this possible? or I am in left field?

If you are taking about box stock 171701 and 171702 you are in left field.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

Yea, I know that the 472 would spool faster.