Compounds or single?

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I had a cast 366 t4 in my lb7. Spooled pretty quick and felt great. But I've rode in twin truck before and it felt way smoother with less lag. I just ordered an HSP twin kit for my new truck. I guess I'll find out here shortly on what I like better. But I don't think I'll be disappointed with the twins.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Twinning is winning. Use the search bro. You are asking a question 1000s of people have already asked. You've come to the right place for answers for sure but we get sick of typing the same thing over and over just because someone does not want to take the time to find the answer themselves. Like the kid in class who didnt pay attention all week but wants help or looks at your paper to cheat during a test. Dude should have paid attention in class to figure it out for himself instead of taking the easy way out. Make sense now? And not trying to be a dick just helping you understand why people tell you to use the search.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day... TEACH a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime"

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Twinning is winning. Use the search bro. You are asking a question 1000s of people have already asked. You've come to the right place for answers for sure but we get sick of typing the same thing over and over just because someone does not want to take the time to find the answer themselves. Like the kid in class who didnt pay attention all week but wants help or looks at your paper to cheat during a test. Dude should have paid attention in class to figure it out for himself instead of taking the easy way out. Make sense now? And not trying to be a dick just helping you understand why people tell you to use the search.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day... TEACH a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime"

Great way to explain it.

03_DMAX

Aug 15, 2010
Twins :thumb:. I've ridden in trucks with 472 single, 366 single and 475/stocker. They are fun to drive, power is smooth, and driveability is far better than a big single.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
It all comes down to personal preference and what you use the truck for. I still love a big single even after twins and triples. That being said the triples drive the best by a long shot.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
For DD and towing I would do twins. I really love how smooth the power is with the twin set up vs a single. My 4094 billet pulled great in the mid range, but lacked on the top ( stock injectors) end and was laggy on the low end. Twins pull hard from the bottom all the way to the top, very smooth.

What I don't like about twins is all the pipping, clutter, moving shit, relocating the battery, and all the other mess. Also makes things a bitch to work on with more shit under the hood. I still haven't relocated my second battery, its been pretty cold here ( lows under 10 deg) and the truck still starts. If it sits for a week or more I have to jump it. I've got my second battery in the back seat with a set of jumpers in case I get stranded. lol

Like said before, weigh all your options of what you do with the truck, then make a decision. In world of turbos you can't have your cake and eat it to. You have to sacrifice something to improve something else. There are pro's and con's to every set up, decide which you like.

LLYSMOKE

On a Time Out
Nov 21, 2013
if i do twins on this one it will be either an s475 or the 480 how much of a difference is noticed between the two

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
if i do twins on this one it will be either an s475 or the 480 how much of a difference is noticed between the two

It depends on what turbine size a/r housing, wastegating etc.

We really need to start posting cw and tw size plus a/r.
such as a t6 s475 would be 75/96/1.32 cw-inducer/tw-inducer/ turbine housing a/r.

THE FORD AND DODGE GUYS DO IT AND IT MAKES LIFE A WHOLE LOT EASIER!

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL
Ultimate towing setup IMO stock Vvt and a t6 1.10 s472. Capable of flowing enough to max out factory fuel system, instant spool up & excellent egt control under heavy loads. If your dead set on a single then an s366 is plenty. Completely unnecessary to put an s400 frame on a stock injector/pump truck.
JMO.

LLYSMOKE

On a Time Out
Nov 21, 2013
Ultimate towing setup IMO stock Vvt and a t6 1.10 s472. Capable of flowing enough to max out factory fuel system, instant spool up & excellent egt control under heavy loads. If your dead set on a single then an s366 is plenty. Completely unnecessary to put an s400 frame on a stock injector/pump truck.
JMO.

I have just heard that the s400 frame turbos last longer is why I wanted to go that way

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
JMO.

Is a t6 1.10 very popular? I see the DT LML twin turbo kit uses a s475 with a t4 housing. I would assume its something like a 1.10 a/r.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I have an s480 over a danville 72. Spools fast, great for towing. I finally got a 100# guage and on my highest tune hit 70# boost. My 72 as a single worked well, but for pulling twins are great. My lowest tune hits 48-50#, no smoke, thats what I like. My 72 as a single smoked a little more but not bad. You should ask yourself what you want from your truck. Whatever you do, do it the first time, its cheaper.