Cold Starts

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ya it's a 1.5 million dollar temporary shop lol. The 30 million dollar permanent shop wont be done till 2019 so this is home for most of the mobile stuff. The big drills and shovels will likely never leave the pit though.

The floor is rig matting welded together. I believe it's fir or maybe oak rough cut 4x6 timbers stacked a foot deep. Holds up just fine for now. Will see what happens when they start walking D10's and 475 Komatsu Dozers over it.....

Well it's sure beats being outside:D

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Duh, I forgot you kept it stock compression.

I saw the check engine light, should have dawned on me, nice how the LMM and LBZ throws a light for them, I had 5 bad in my LLY and had to have Caleb hook a tech 2 to it just to get the codes.

I have the new ones but for some reason Im scared shitless to change mine. Horror stories of broken ones keep playing in my head.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I have the new ones but for some reason Im scared shitless to change mine. Horror stories of broken ones keep playing in my head.

I have pulled a bunch and never broke one Chris, knock on wood. I will probably pick up this little tool that Merchant uses though:thumb:
[YOUTUBE]EwQmFHIWQjQ[/YOUTUBE]

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
In the next few months it will be warm again!

Mine were out 5 years ago but we have lots of salt and soaking wet roads for 6 months. Makes me nervous. Don't feel like pulling a head in the winter. I'm assuming I should take them out with a hot engine.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Mine says 2 thru 8 are bad but it still has the bum controller in it. I just deleted the codes for them in EfiLive. I have a full set of plugs but have been afraid to touch them also. Being used as a plow/salt truck in the winter and a fertilizer truck in the summer I feel like I am pushing my luck.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
In the next few months it will be warm again!

Mine were out 5 years ago but we have lots of salt and soaking wet roads for 6 months. Makes me nervous. Don't feel like pulling a head in the winter. I'm assuming I should take them out with a hot engine.

It's probably not the salt that's doing it, if it's like here then it's the crap their spraying while treating the roads
Here they use magnesium chloride