Clean PCV reroute

MD_Max

Need More LLY's
May 2, 2014
I'm looking for pictures of clean PCV reroute set ups. All the pictures I have come across have the hoses running over the motor. I know it's been talked about a million times but I've never seen a setup that looks clean enough for me to do it.

jollyrogr

Jun 23, 2016
I was going to run a hose down to the frame on each side, but I didn't like how close the hose ended up to the exhaust on the passenger side so I ended up running them both down to the frame on the drivers side.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I wish I had a truck here ive done..

How I do it is - 3" long hose off of passenger fitting, into a "t" fitting, hose from driver side to t fitting, hose off of t fitting to passenger frame rail.

Looks factory, I use black zip ties instead of hose clamps on all the ends of hoses.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Want to buy some filters for the ends.?
=
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-62-1030
=
=
2ln8ndz.jpg

=
=
aky0z7.jpg

=
=
wv2znm.jpg

=
=
=
=

GreaseMonkey

Wolfe
Feb 22, 2016
West Virginia
Originally I ran both to center in front of turbo to a T fitting with small filter. It wound up gurgling oil out of filter. Then I ran both sides down to frame rail on each side and stuck them in holes in the frame. Not sure how much cleaner you can get other then how you route them through engine bay.

MD_Max

Need More LLY's
May 2, 2014
Thanks everyone. I'm going to go with clrussell's setup and see how I like it.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
I wish I had a truck here ive done..

How I do it is - 3" long hose off of passenger fitting, into a "t" fitting, hose from driver side to t fitting, hose off of t fitting to passenger frame rail.

Looks factory, I use black zip ties instead of hose clamps on all the ends of hoses.

Same here but I went to the drivers side frame rail

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Took w picture in the process of my reroute on the lly..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 273

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I installed a large homebuilt catch can (approx. 8"wide-x6"tall x 3" deep) back in 2014, took over 6 months for the turbo to clear out all the oil in it, no more oil seeping at the turbo to hotpipe connection. The intercooler, who knows how much oil is still in there as I still get a little oil seepage on the passenger coldside fittings.

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
i have an lbz but want to do a clean one as well. i have the billet fittings with barbs for the ports but i want to make them blend or hidden better. so maybe blasting them or paint black. i plan to use standard vac hose on them with gates heat shrink hose clamps to give the oem appearance .

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana

This is two vibrant Evac fittings welded into the downpipe with -10 Frogla braided oil resistant line. No smell, no mess, creates enough vacuum to keep my turbos from seeping oil and blowing my dipstick out at WOT.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

This is two vibrant Evac fittings welded into the downpipe with -10 Frogla braided oil resistant line. No smell, no mess, creates enough vacuum to keep my turbos from seeping oil and blowing my dipstick out at WOT.

This is a nice setup! I just got a catch can but will probably go this route. I like it a lot.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Good luck with a catch can. If it has a filter, keep an eye on it. They plug up with oil quick and easy and will blow seals out

Ya I've had a filter before on the system, didn't work. This is just the catch can no filtering inside it. But more than likely I'll end up going your route once I finish triple kit.