Clean PCV reroute

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hardin do you have part# on the evac fiting from vibrant and the hose
I was just going to make one for my setup. It's just a nipple with an angle cut in it. I do have this though to go with it
b0e5adaf937ee9e98f12eca5373a4915.jpg

PCV check valve made by moroso available from summit.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
My current engine is built to loose and has alot of blow by, the check valve was too restrictive. They are supposed to only be protection from back fires in gas jobs. My vibrant setup will pull a lighter flame into them from a good 3-4" away at idle. Was going to do some test since I rigged up a crankcase pressure/vac gauge but never got around to it.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
The Vibrant setup goes a step further than a nipple welded in on a 45°. You weld a bung on at 45° angle than the Evac deal threads I to and has a nipple that sticks down in the exhaust with a small venturi hole in it. Works awesome so far and they are only like $25

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I have 2 seperate hoses both run down to the passenger frame rail. Just figure less restrictions with 2 seperate hoses. And i didn't have a t anyway.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
is a plastic t strong enough or should a brass one be used? also is a catch can needed? it gets cold

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Kyle I am going to put the Vibrant setup on my truck but wanted your feedback first. Did it solve your dipstick issue?

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
how do you connect to the valve covers with a system like harbin-22's ? do you use the factory hole but remove the diaphragm and spring?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
You can convert it to -10 AN. Idk about Kyle, but I have SoCal covers with 1/2 npt ports.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Steve I have not had a problem since doing these. I have a crank case pressure gauge rigged up and don't see anymore than 1-2psi positive at full boost

I just have one of alligators regular 5/8 nipples on each valve cover and put the -10 on with hose clamps. I did take the diaphragms out of the valve covers also.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Steve I have not had a problem since doing these. I have a crank case pressure gauge rigged up and don't see anymore than 1-2psi positive at full boost

I just have one of alligators regular 5/8 nipples on each valve cover and put the -10 on with hose clamps. I did take the diaphragms out of the valve covers also.

Perfect that's what I was hoping to hear. Parts are on order.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
My current engine is built to loose and has alot of blow by, the check valve was too restrictive. They are supposed to only be protection from back fires in gas jobs. My vibrant setup will pull a lighter flame into them from a good 3-4" away at idle. Was going to do some test since I rigged up a crankcase pressure/vac gauge but never got around to it.

So you removed Check valves in valve covers, ran line to catch can then through the one way diaphragm to exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Never mind I didn't read it all. I order the moroso Check valve also and it was to restrictive. I saw the pic on here and for some reason order it instead of the vibrant setup. I'll be swapping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
Same setup here, I had fittings with baffles welded to the valve covers to stop the drool. Couldn't get the pipe thread to would seal. Also have the evac fittings like Kyle but haven't had a chance to run it with them yet, got the idea from him.

picture.php
picture.php

he
You can convert it to -10 AN. Idk about Kyle, but I have SoCal covers with 1/2 npt ports.

Last edited: