Casper no bueno

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Looks like the first customer for the 8 cyl version of the chamber pressure monitor. :)

Blowing right off the line like that. Man, that hurts.

Hope it all works out.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thats sucks. Who's doing the tuning on that thing?:rofl: Maybe time to re-evaluate a few minor details with the build/tune.....huh pat?

Good luck getting back up and running.

I tune my own trucks, and I don't lie about it. I guess that's a Dodge thingy. :confused:

How's that Smarty working for you? :baby: "Can I Have Some More Soup Please?":baby:

To the other readers out there, I've been up to my arse in alligators, so I haven't been on the board much. Sorry.

I regret not being able to stay at the NHDRA event, and I apologize for that.

Casper started to overheat at the 1000' marker, and by the time I got out of it, the engine quit. It would not restart, and needed a tow to the pits. Track officials told me it blew coolant (water) right from the start. After cooling down, it fired right back up, but something was hurt and was blowing water in the pits.

Seems our #1 problem is not having a track to test at on a routine basis.

I'm having SoCalDiesel do O-Rings this time since head sealing issues are becoming a real problem. I will report results.

Thanks out to the NHRDA, Bernie and crew at Speedworld, and all the diesel hot-rodders who turned out.:hug:

Extra thanks out to Wade Moody for inventing the Duramax, and perfecting the process of refining of petroleum into diesel fuel. Nobody could do anything without you. :cool:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
dumb question here perhaps but why would water/coolant seep?...

The O-Rings for the cylinder are not "matched" to the rest of the sealing gasket thickness wise. Guessing the squish on the ring was always a PITA. That is because most of us old timers just cut the fire rings out of a head gasket to make up the rest of the gasket we needed under the head. Later on, I used lots of RTV to keep thing from leaking.

Some people still do the piano wire thing for the fire ring. That leaves a gap that can leak till the engine warms up. I had access to seamless copper rings that I could size to my grooves. Still a PITA.

Now I see you can buy most everything off the shelf. Fire rings, and such. With matched head and block grooves, the world is much nicer.

But what do I know....

blksmok

Apr 28, 2008
Sorry you guys couldn't stay. Turned out to be a good event.

Hope you get casper back up and running soon.

Did Guy make it out? I didn't see him either...