Casper and Black Mamba

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
What converter do you have in it now? I have a LL I’d sell if your interested. Just came back from Georend’s getting refreshed.

I’m the spirit of honesty I prefer the 10531-2 I got from Evan for my application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1055 I believe.. LL would be too loose for him. There's a truck local to me with it and I know it won't work in mine.. I love the K in Ruben's

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
He's still alive and well. He's getting faster. First time in forever with this setup so I expected this. But enjoying myself and seeing what he likes and doesn't like. Sacramento he'll have some giggle juice to help spool.

Again I can't complain. A lot of people were happy to see him out here.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So glad I got to see the famous Casper in person! Bummed I didn't get a chance to talk to you though Nate, my bad. After that Dodge blew up his motor I knew racing would be another hour or two and I was on a time crunch. Next time for sure and I'll be out there too this time it was just too close for me to be ready in time especially after getting practically a complete overhaul on the trans at Mike's only 2 days earlier.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Pictures and video! I work third shift so watching it live is a no go.
Although ill be spectating and rooting for you in Sacramento!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Most amount of carnage I've seen at a nhrda event. Was awesome seeing Casper back out on the track, as well as Ruben in his LMM. Very glad you guys, and all the other OG Cali guys came out, hats off to you. Sucks to hear about Ron's 5.9 letting go.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
With the amount of carnage between the pulls and the drags it was pretty bad.

Got enough seat time in Casper to understand what he likes and doesn't like.
I didn't care about competing, I was happy just to make passes with everyone.

His best time of the day was 12.50 @108. Got most of it ironed out at the shop but needed some fine tuning here and will do more at our local tracks.

Glad to see all the AZ guys again! We all had fun. That's what counts.

I can't wait for pictures and the live stream to be up.

Time to get him and Mamba ready for Sac in 4 weeks.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
quit messing around Nate... time for those old PPE compounds to go on and put the 100% over injectors back in. Oh and you need some drag racing tires :D. I wanna see Casper make a 9 second pass in person

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
What is Casper's current set-up?
What kind of times are you shooting for Nate?

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
What is Casper's current set-up?
What kind of times are you shooting for Nate?
It's got its gt42 and stock injectors in it now. Made a few tuning changes at the track and it was better. Basically casper and betty have the same tune now. It's now easier to spool of course got screwed on time so I couldn't run again. but this week we're you going to the track to run again

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
What was Casper’s quickest time before? I was thinking 11s maybe? Can’t remember. I know Pat was insistent that stock injectors were all that was needed.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Was fun to watch diesel tv live feed worked flawlessly for me watched in my tablet. sure was nice to see Casper out on the track I've enjoyed reading every article diesel power has had on that truck it's nice to see what few parts and perseverance can do keep up the good work

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
this is what I found

The 10.59 and 10.65 passes used a horn-relay nitrous system with a .070" jet.

The fastest "fuel" pass was 10.83 at HRP. There were a few other fuel passes, 10.95 in Bakersfield, then 10.89 on Friday at HRP. A couple others I don't remember.

Casper has:

Engine was assembled by BMS in San Berdo to my spec:
Coated, DeLipped, OEM-LLY SoCal Diesel Pistons, about 15.5:1 best I can figure. OEM rings, stock bore.
Block is stock LLY.
Crank is stock LLY and is balanced with the flex plate and harmonic balancer, both stock.
Rods are Crowers from SoCalDiesel.
Cam is OEM-LBZ that was keyed by SoCalDiesel along with the crank.
Heads are SoCalDiesel LLY, ported with high speed springs and pushrods.
Rest of internals are all stock including oil pump and injectors.

Turbocharger was PPE/Garrett GT4202R kit with 1.15 hsg.
PPE Dual CP3 system running 1 LBZ pump and 1 Industrial Injection pump.
Exhaust manifolds, 1 BD manifold and 1 OEM LLY manifold. Federal riser pipes.
Air intake is 5" K&N with custom ducting.
Intercooler is OEM LLY with 3" tubing and LBZ Y-Bridge and manifolds.

Transmission is Mike L Allison 5-sp with a ML2 converter at the time.
T-Case stock.
Copilot installed but not used.
All but 2 leaves removed from rear, running Caltracs and stock shocks.
Front has stock shocks and T-bars that are lower with adjustable keys.

Liftpump is a single 1792. No fuel pickup. Rail has PPE Race Valve and home-ported fuel rail.

Currently there are new parts on the truck that are being tested. When it ran 10.59, it had 754rwhp on fuel, now it has a GT42Magnum with 797rwhp.