Casper= 168.77

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The record would be the average of two consecutive runs. The vehicle must be impounded between the runs and when the second run attempt is to happen is determined by the officials. (same day, next day, 3-4 hours and so on)

There are other things that are required for world record land speed attempts, like both attempts must happen within such and such a time window and the attempts must run the same course both ways so on and so forth. I don't have all that info in front of me.

What class(ification?) did Pat end up running in?

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
congrats guys, something to be proud of. :)

now learn me something, why is it such a draining deal out there. not real familiar with the whole salt flat thing?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Thanks y'all!

We cracked an injector at 2.5 miles today, and the engine quit due to low rail pressure. The 2.25 mph was 174.56.

We have video, but it will have to wait after we get home.

So we set the SCTA-BNI record at about 167mph due to the way things are calculated. The fastest GPS value was 180 mph peak.

It was a lot of fun, and it was great to meet alot of new people.

There were only two other diesels here, one is the Lynn Goodfellow Dmax streamliner, which was damaged in transit, but they appear to have fixed it. The other diesel was a Modified running a Nissan cab and a Detroit Diesel, I think it ran about 170, not sure.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
now learn me something, why is it such a draining deal out there. not real familiar with the whole salt flat thing?

Long days since we left on Saturday. Plus being on the salt is like being on snow. So after 12 hour days I'm exhausted. I have to hand to our kids they have been great:hug:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
There are other things that are required for world record land speed attempts, like both attempts must happen within such and such a time window and the attempts must run the same course both ways so on and so forth. I don't have all that info in front of me.

What class(ification?) did Pat end up running in?

Only change is above is we ran the course in same direction.

Pat ran in B/DT.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Congrats on the new record.
We cracked an injector at 2.5 miles today, and the engine quit due to low rail pressure.
:eek: yikes! Hope you get it fixed soon. Any idea what caused it to crack?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Congrats on the new record.

:eek: yikes! Hope you get it fixed soon. Any idea what caused it to crack?

Probably was pooped and had enough of this crap. :D

Was it a stock injector? Nonetheless I would have to say the LONG duration of pulse and lengthy ,in time,running at high RPM's would be the culprit but if one quit prior as stated,it would be a crap shot guess at best.

Unless with all the quarter mile runs fatigued it and it blew? I'm sure once Pat gets it back he'll give us a birds eye review and look that is WHAT makes this site great he aint hiding and keeping secrets!