Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Whats the logic with spending the money to have the rods checked out if you do not plan on selling them as new when/if you get them back?

Tags dont bother me its the same ***** thats been putting them in a couple threads that doesnt have the balls to pm me with his real problem. Dan i would pay full price for brand new rods that came straight from the carrillo factory just like these ones will be after you send them back.

So in this case if Carrillo said they were fine you would be ok paying full price for them? Just want to get everyone opinion...

Remeber they are not NEW anymore they are returns, kinda like what you find at factory outlets..

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
When Carrillo sends you a box of rods from there factory they will be new! They would not ship you back anything less i wouldnt think:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Glad to hear you are doing better! (not sure if better is the correct word :D)

This question is for everybody, Please reply with your thoughts! IF PPE TOOK THE RODS BACK AND CARRILLO INSPECTED THEM AND SAID THEY WERE FINE, WOULD IT BE OK FOR PPE TO SELL THEM AS BRAND NEW AT BRAND NEW PRICING??????

If they were inspected by Carrillo as you have previously stated measured and weighed there is no difference between them or any other set so YES! I'm not even sold on the needing inspection to be resold as new. You can tell if they have been tampered with. I don't understand why everyone is so wrapped up on damage. I mean really what can possibly happen to them ? If you receive a unopened non distressed box in any shape or form what could possibly be wrong with them? Everyone is acting like these are some fine china or delicate calibrated item. It's 8 hunks of STEEL individually wrapped ! If they are that delicate they should be wrapped in Styrofoam!

I would probably be angry if I found out later they had been in someones hands before.

Unless I was told and agreed before hand......but I personally wouldn't pay new price for them.

Same principle as buying a car....soon as its off the lot, it is no longer new.

In that logic of a car and this happens ALL THE TIME dealers trade cars all the time between lots and they don't discount them. Driven by some yard jockey mind you!

These rods would come with the same certification and warranty free from defects as any other set. They were never used ,tested ,fondled ,bolted up or anything by the consumer. Same thing as lets say some other shop needed rods and PPE wanted to move some stock so should the shop expect a discount? Lets say PPE shipped a dozen units and the shop only wanted ten and sent two sets back are they used now? There parts this goes on all the time items are returned and sold as new. IMO this isn't a OPEN BOX return which would constitute a possible discount.

But everyone is entitled to a opinion and I respect yours!

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Tags dont bother me its the same ***** thats been putting them in a couple threads that doesnt have the balls to pm me with his real problem. Dan i would pay full price for brand new rods that came straight from the carrillo factory just like these ones will be after you send them back.

So in this case if Carrillo said they were fine you would be ok paying full price for them? Just want to get everyone opinion...

Remeber they are not NEW anymore they are returns, kinda like what you find at factory outlets..

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Open box outlet stores etc don't send items back to the manufacture. Also this item wasn't returned for warranty or damage keep that in mind a lot of other items are discounted as they were refurbished so to speak.

Obviously IF they found something wrong and could "repair" then NO they should not be sold as new. The returner'er should NOT receive his refund until inspection was complete either . Thats the price you pay along with the 20% for having buyers remorse.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
If they were inspected by Carrillo as you have previously stated measured and weighed there is no difference between them or any other set so YES! I'm not even sold on the needing inspection to be resold as new. You can tell if they have been tampered with. I don't understand why everyone is so wrapped up on damage. I mean really what can possibly happen to them ? If you receive a unopened non distressed box in any shape or form what could possibly be wrong with them? Everyone is acting like these are some fine china or delicate calibrated item. It's 8 hunks of STEEL individually wrapped ! If they are that delicate they should be wrapped in Styrofoam!

In that logic of a car and this happens ALL THE TIME dealers trade cars all the time between lots and they don't discount them. Driven by some yard jockey mind you!

These rods would come with the same certification and warranty free from defects as any other set. They were never used ,tested ,fondled ,bolted up or anything by the consumer.

How do you know? How do I know?

Same thing as lets say some other shop needed rods and PPE wanted to move some stock so should the shop expect a discount? Lets say PPE shipped a dozen units and the shop only wanted ten and sent two sets back are they used now? There parts this goes on all the time items are returned and sold as new. IMO this isn't a OPEN BOX return which would constitute a possible discount.

You MUST of missed the part about the box/tamper seal being open/broken. To me it seems they are open box... (please try and use the good side of your brain :hug:)

But everyone is entitled to a opinion and I respect yours!

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I bought my raptor pump from a vender on here, He sold it to me for a good deal as a used one but it was still in all the shrink wrap in side the raptor box. He had to sale it to me used cause the guy that bought it opened the box up and that was it and decided to return it. pump never was hooked up was still wrapped in the tight plastic it came from the manufacture.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Open box outlet stores etc don't send items back to the manufacture. Also this item wasn't returned for warranty or damage keep that in mind a lot of other items are discounted as they were refurbished so to speak.

Obviously IF they found something wrong and could "repair" then NO they should not be sold as new. The returner'er should NOT receive his refund until inspection was complete either . Thats the price you pay along with the 20% for having buyers remorse.

Yes they do.. They are called factory refurbished!

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
If it would still be covered by whatever warranty PPE or carrillo offered, ignorance is a bliss.

That being said, I bought a used motor, and some machine work/money down the drain later, its to the level I thought it was when I bought it, learned my lesson on used stuff.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Dan, just stop responding. Those who agree with you will agree, those who disagree with you will disagree.

I've never had an issue with PPEs service or products, always been treated well.

You have made the correct representation. There are too many out there that can not see both sides of the coin.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I moved all this BS here. Please keep it here. The seller is trying to sell some new Carrillo rods, not start crap with PPE. Thanks.

I would like to add that I love how Josh titles the threads when he has to seperate them from the original posts :rofl:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND

Dan if they were never bolted on/damaged in any way and inspected by the factory I would have 0 issues paying full price for them or could care less if these were the set I got if I ordered off your webpage

Not saying I wouldn't try to talk you down with that info :hug:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Dan, just stop responding. Those who agree with you will agree, those who disagree with you will disagree.

I've never had an issue with PPEs service or products, always been treated well.

You have made the correct representation. There are too many out there that can not see both sides of the coin.

I agree. Dan, you are not going to fix in a few internet posts what life, and the public education system in Ohio, failed miserably at.
It's your policy, plain and simple. :thumb:

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

In my opinion they are new until used or installed for the purpose intended. It's a chunk of steal that is exploded upon thousands and thousands of time. If it can't handle a lil handling ie shipping then they are not worth their already overpriced cost.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I understand were Dan is coming from also with costs. However to me nothing is more important than customer service and a good impression and sometimes a company has to lose a few bucks to make that happen. And if Ppe has never had to return rods before I would say they are doing ok. :thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm gonna say it one more time I have no issue with PPE's policy on returns. You'd be a fool not to charge a restocking fee especially when a CC IS USED. Why should PPE lose money.

Dan you know what I'm talking about when it comes to outlet stores and open box type sales. I'm aware that in some cases it will say factory refurbished you see that a lot with electronics. Then you have open box pretty much no inspection items missing etc. Non the difference here as these rods don't fall under these. Circumstances unless they needed freshening .

What I meant by open box is the manufactures box.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
So I just looked at our invoice "Terms and conditions" This is what is states...

"RETURN POLICY 20% restocking fee for all cancellations and returns. No returns after 30 days. No credit or refund on part if it has been opened or installed. SHIPPING: customer is responsible for all shipping costs"..... yada yada yada...:thumb:

This means you are aware after you have spent your money. That's a little late. Does it warn you before you purchase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Personally I do not see the 20% restock fee such a big deal, you guys wanna know what Cat's return % is on a $6000 cutting edge and teeth for a 992 Wheel loader? I have the receit.. That # will make PPE look like Lego's :thumb:

It all boils down to the customer making damn sure he wants the rods before he buys.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
This means you are aware after you have spent your money. That's a little late. Does it warn you before you purchase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does what warn you?

Our terms and conditions are listed on our invoice and on our website. I was never asked what our policy was when the order was placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.