Carrillo Rods sale thread BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
That is kinda crappy they wont return them when they are not even opened! Did you buy the motor that guy had for sale on here that DTS built? X2 on talking to Dan im sure they would understand you bought a motor built instead of having hte down time building your own.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Dan is who i dealt with. and he said they would not take them back without a restock fee, i even explained i bought a motor. I actually bought a whole truck and am taking the motor out.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Dan is who i dealt with. and he said they would not take them back without a restock fee, i even explained i bought a motor. I actually bought a whole truck and am taking the motor out.

So much for good customer service:mad: It is bad enough that people have to wait forever on parts and then you have to pay to return them

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
So much for good customer service:mad: It is bad enough that people have to wait forever on parts and then you have to pay to return them

How is this bad customer service?

There was NO delay on shipping the parts out, He even got a good price.

The restock fee is our company policy (20%)

Would you want to spend $2700.00 on rods that had been returned? Possibly dropped or damaged? or who know what else?

If the rods are going to be returned (to PPE) they will sent back to Carrillo and inspected, All of this comes at a cost.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
when carrillo ships you guys the rods do you send them back to them to get checked in case ups drops them?

Nope .... sure don’t. But we do VERY carefully look at the main box they are shipped in (BEFORE WE EXCEPT THEM).

Carrillo is a professional company and they know how to package product (as do we). The package came directly from them in Irvine ca to Fullerton ca (PPE). They did not come from them, to us, to the customer (who knows where else) and back to us again.

You guys know what can and will happen in shipping. I have received PLENTY of boxes that are just trashed, and the product inside was damaged.

Answer my question... If YOU PAID $2700.00 for rods would you want something that has been returned???

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Nope .... sure don’t. But we do VERY carefully look at the main box they are shipped in (BEFORE WE EXCEPT THEM).

Carrillo is a professional company and they know how to package product (as do we). The package came directly from them in Irvine ca to Fullerton ca (PPE). They did not come from them, to us, to the customer (who knows where else) and back to us again.

You guys know what can and will happen in shipping. I have received PLENTY of boxes that are just trashed, and the product inside was damaged.

Answer my question... If YOU PAID $2700.00 for rods would you want something that has been returned???

Dan I am not saying that he waited on you. In general it takes for ever to get diesel products compared to getting a gas motor part. To answer your question it wouldn't be any different than buying the ops rods from him even though they haven't been opened or used. I believe you can tell close enough before refunding the money if they were damaged. I bet you have also resold parts before and didn't tell the customer they had been sold and returned. These things are not disposable and once purchased they are not good anymore. Sorry to distract from your sale thread op.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan I am not saying that he waited on you. In general it takes for ever to get diesel products compared to getting a gas motor part. To answer your question it wouldn't be any different than buying the ops rods from him even though they haven't been opened or used. I believe you can tell close enough before refunding the money if they were damaged. I bet you have also resold parts before and didn't tell the customer they had been sold and returned. These things are not disposable and once purchased they are not good anymore. Sorry to distract from your sale thread op.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Would it? We would send them back to Carrillo for inspection as we don’t have the equipment to thoroughly inspect every aspect of the rods.

That is ALWAYS a gamble when buying parts from anybody that is selling something. That is why you should do business with a trusted person or Vendor (Not saying the OP is not).

Sorry but there is just too many possible issues with taking them back and not having them inspected. What if the new Rods were mixed with other new rods? are you going to measure the weight of each rods to make sure you have a balanced set? What if there was unseen damage to the rods? I'm sure it would be no big deal and everything will be fine, as these trucks and parts are cheap and easy to work on.....;)

We don’t sell used parts unless the customer is told they were returned/used or whatever (as we have an outlet for this kind of thing).

Sorry this thread has come to this... I gave him a great price and get kicked in the balls for it....

Last edited:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Well, my .02, re-stock fees are usually implemented by the distributor/retailer because there is a cost involved (and quite honestly, a PITA factor as well) to create the paperwork, handle the product, and then inspect it to make sure it's okay,re-package, etc, costs time and money. The restock fee is necessary to protect profit levels and cover this expense other wise, employees are baby sitting returns, and losing valuable time doing something else. 20% is a pretty standard rate, it does suck on big ticket items, but next time you order something for your truck, check the reciept, and see if some where on it, it doesn't say "returns subject to xx% restock fee".
I'll bet you'll be surprised how often this appears on many different items that you never noticed before. Now, whether or not it's enforced strictly or not, for all customers is a different story. Not all of my customers in my industry get the same restock on returns.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Dan i have no dog in this fight but you said carrillo can properly package there product right? You also said you (PPE) also can properly package products, SO if he sent you back the parts in the original unopened packged box from PPE then there should be no damage possible right? I understand if he unpackaged the parts inspected them and then repackaged them and sent them back. BUT if he never even opened the box then that would mean they are still packaged by you(PPE) so they should be safe for shipping by what you previously said. Let him send them back and if the are in the condition they left your shop in then wave the fee for the guy so he will be a repeat customer number1 and also help this expensive sport out number2 by not scaring people off by having to worry about ordering parts and if they order the wrong thing they have to pay a 20% fee. Just my 2 cents but i think 20% is outrageous!!! That is almost $600 dollars just to return something never even opened, that is most americans weekly paycheck or more.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Has the PPE box been opened? as I recall from our phone call, the box had been opened.

Im not sure I'm just saying if it hasnt been opened wouldnt you feel it fair to waive the restocking fee? I understand if its been opened yes, but 20% is a bit much dont you think? I would think 10% on a big ticket item like this would be a little more fair but i understand policies are policies

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
UPS always gets blamed for damage. Sometimes it is our fault, , sometimes its the shipper's fault, and sometimes its just someone running a scam to collect the insurance money. I do wish some customers would take responsibility for their poor packing practices.

That said, Ive seen Carillo's and PPE's level of packing quality. They both pack their products well. Neither company should have any issues with the "gorillas" that sometimes work in our sort facilities.

Dan, how much does Crower and Carillo charge to check a set of rods? That would be good info to know when guys sell used sets.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Who said anything about UPS???? feeling a bit guilty Tom?????:D:hug:

let’s not "What if" this to death. I will wait for the OP to see if the PPE box has been opened.

I already have a call into Carrillo to see what the cost is going to be, ( I have never had anyone return rods back to me) as I don’t know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.