Buyers Beware!!!! Boostlee93

JOE

Dec 30, 2008
SE WI
Mpsoldier.....Its too bad you dont have the 05 title. This could have been fun, and you may have ended up with a better truck out of the deal. After a few weeks of no response you could have stopped by the dmv, paid the tax, title, plates fees on the 05. Quick stop at the dealer now that you would have all your proof of ownership papers, have them cut you a key. Then stop and get your new truck, put your plates on, and find a secure location to store it. Then when dude thinks his truck got stolen and calls cops they run registration and realize he sold it. $150 along the way will get your copy of purchase contract changed professionally so it shows the proper vin, and whamo your the legit new owner. Now if there is a lein on it this would be different, but still can happen, its just your call on if the vehicle is worth the loan payoff plus your 7g's your already into it. Its not too hard to send a change of address/phone contact letter to the bank and get his shit changed to my p.o. box, and use my disposable cell number as the contact. Once you start receiving his bank statements, then its as simple as sending them a check and they send you lein release, then off to dmv you go.............I know this takes a huge set of balls, and most guys would not attempt, but it could have been fun

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Mpsoldier.....Its too bad you dont have the 05 title. This could have been fun, and you may have ended up with a better truck out of the deal. After a few weeks of no response you could have stopped by the dmv, paid the tax, title, plates fees on the 05. Quick stop at the dealer now that you would have all your proof of ownership papers, have them cut you a key. Then stop and get your new truck, put your plates on, and find a secure location to store it. Then when dude thinks his truck got stolen and calls cops they run registration and realize he sold it. $150 along the way will get your copy of purchase contract changed professionally so it shows the proper vin, and whamo your the legit new owner. Now if there is a lein on it this would be different, but still can happen, its just your call on if the vehicle is worth the loan payoff plus your 7g's your already into it. Its not too hard to send a change of address/phone contact letter to the bank and get his shit changed to my p.o. box, and use my disposable cell number as the contact. Once you start receiving his bank statements, then its as simple as sending them a check and they send you lein release, then off to dmv you go.............I know this takes a huge set of balls, and most guys would not attempt, but it could have been fun
I like this guy :woott:

To Boostlee man you got alot of wrongs to write here man dont know how you can sleep at night.You need to make this right before someone takes away your liscense to breathe.I remember when ebay 1st came out and some f&%k artist sold a fancy cd radio to a trucker and when it didnt work and the trucker tried to contact him to get his moneyback the kids said F Y good luck finding me.Well he got found and he got dead.Just sayin i wouldnt want to live like that,looking over my shoulder all the time.Do the right thing and set this stuff straight.:thumb:

Last edited:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I don't mean to be a downer here but the problem with guys like this is they spend whatever money they get right away. I seriously doubt he is financially capable of returning these guys money. I sure hope I'm wrong. This crap makes me want to throw up. 250 post minimum to sell here!!!!!!! We need seller ratings too. It's not the McRats responsibility to police the private sales here. However I would hope they feel responsible to protect their members any way that is within their means legally to do so.

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
wow what a mess. this is why I hesitate to buy anything private party unless I see it first hand and pick it up myself. hopefully this gets resolved. seems to me that the full cost of conversion plus whatever it takes to make it run correctly and then some for frustration should be paid for by the misleading seller...another fair option would be to give full refund for motor, pay for installation AND removal at this point plus shipping back. either way, I think this motor just doubled in price. Good Luck OP

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House

If i was at home and was doing the deal i would have kept the title no questions asked and i like the way you think it would have been to easy to pull off just want this shit done with have a full built motor and trans in the truck just need the title to register it

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
If i was at home and was doing the deal i would have kept the title no questions asked and i like the way you think it would have been to easy to pull off just want this shit done with have a full built motor and trans in the truck just need the title to register it

Hopefully all is ok with the truck and there isn't a lien or worse it wasn't his truck to sell.When they come to claim the truck they will claim your motor and trans also as pat of the truck.

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
dont worry the motor and trans are being pulled out and are going into another truck also state police reported nothing for the truck leins or stolen or anything he said he never registered it and is going to get me the guy who sold it to him his info so we can get a duplicate title who know's all i know is PTSD will really be kicking in soon.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I almost bought a motor from him and there was a big long story about where it came from and what he was supposed to be doing with it before he decided to sell. I backed out but I believe we were going to meet in Griswold, CT if the deal had gone through

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I have disallowed him access to the garage sale section. But, I don't want to ban him so he doesn't have an excuse of not handling these problems.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
One of the members on this site, boostlee93, sold my brother and I a bad engine. Not only was the engine not the model it was supposed to be when it was finally installed and swapped over to the proper model, the injectors that where said to be perfect and original, appeared to have been swapped out not to mention nothing more than scrap. This member got us for a bit more than 3000 dollars. He also has not answered nor returned countless phone calls and a pm.

Look at other BoostLee threads, somebody called his mother recently.

I just sent him a PM asking whats his status.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have zero business in this thread except I can only hope that you get it resolved and not get burned , you or your brother.

But curiosity has gotten the best of me in reference to it keeps coming up CALL HIS MOTHER, I SPOKE TO HIS MOTHER, HOW OLD IS THIS DUDE? Is he even 18?

What's he doing here ?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Any new progress?

So far boost lee has contacted my brother and they r communicating. They r waiting on the injector test then will go from there. Hopefully when the test comes back negative he will b reachable and cooperate as he said he would. I will keep u posted.