Built motor using oil

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Glad it's getting better. I hate reading about guys having to pull their motors after a build. It's so much work to have to do it all over again.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
damn lb7's..........gabage i tell ya:mad:

Pshhhh you're just jealous that you don't have one! This thread is proof that there's never anything wrong with an LB7 that a little hotrodding won't fix:thumb: I think when it bent a rod before the build if you'd have just taken it out and dogged the hell out of it then it would have fixed itself! :roflmao:

95 z71

SUDDEN IMPACT
Aug 11, 2009
Cavan, Ontario
Well got 1500 miles on this oil change with jsut regular 15w-40 and done quite a few WOT runs when shes dead cold.

Smoke has stopped at first start up and rolling into it leaving the house. there may only be a light haze but i cant see it if there is. all i know is its getting better. Not to metion the smell of burning oil is not near as potent in the mornings.

Sooooo happy!! seems the rings are finally sealing up! Gunna check oil level tonight

:nanawrench::dancenana:

Good news!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Pshhhh you're just jealous that you don't have one! This thread is proof that there's never anything wrong with an LB7 that a little hotrodding won't fix:thumb: I think when it bent a rod before the build if you'd have just taken it out and dogged the hell out of it then it would have fixed itself! :roflmao:

Lmao! Damn i should have tried that!

GRNASTY

Feb 17, 2013
im thinking rings ... i even use rotella in my race motors for first couple oil changes ... first oil change 500 miles second after 2k then 2k ... I wouldnt run synthetic untill u sure the rings have sealed it can be to slippery an not let the rings seal.

I only ran synthetic in my 8.1 and 6.0 after 3k miles

hope the issue stops completley !!