Built motor using oil

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
James I think its tolerances, after putting head studs and gaskets on my truck it now use oil, and also hazes blue in the morning until it warms up. Mine is also not leaking oil anywhere, dry as a bone.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well heres my run down then

gunna pull the hot pipe and check the PCV for shits and giggles

if good, ill swap to reg 15w40 (its due for an oil change as is) and run it hard for a while since i cant tear it down right away any how.

if oil consumption slows, well, i think we know where the issue laid.

if it dont, heads are comin off but will have to wait till after NHRDA phoenix opener :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I think your doing the right thing with the oil change and break it in further! Great idea with having a set of heads ready! Good luck!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
appreciate all the help guys! greatest reason i love this forum. Im still gunna pick guys brain as well.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Pulled the hot pipe, down pipe and intercooler pipes, no oil. PCV is clear as well and i can definitly feel a bit of pressure comin out of it if i put my finger over it. I also talked with guy, he thinks rings not seated as well but wanted me to check that stuff before goin farther.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry its not the inexpensive things, James. Here's hoping you can get the rings to seal up and solve the problem.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Step 1: Remove heads
Step 2: Run a piston to BDC
Step 3: Hone cylinder with a ball hone and drill
Step 4: Repeat steps 2-3 until all cylinders complete
Step 5: Reinstall heads and giver hell!

:roflmao:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Am I ever glad there's a LOL smiley at the end of that post. :rofl:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sorry its not the inexpensive things, James. Here's hoping you can get the rings to seal up and solve the problem.

lol it never works out that way for me it seems. im just hoping its a matter of swapping oils and loading the big tune :D

lmao, if only it were so simple :rofl:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well this could be cause im "hoping" its fixing it but swapped to regular 15w40 last friday and have been doing a few cold WOT runs. i honestly cant think of ever doing that but it seems to have helped some. im noticing the oil smell i got in the mornings isnt as strong and not much haze when i leave the house but i cant say for sure. gunna give it a week or two more and see what happens.

btw, i couldnt take driving the samurai anymore. i missed the comfort of the truck even though it cost twice in fuel lol

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well got 1500 miles on this oil change with jsut regular 15w-40 and done quite a few WOT runs when shes dead cold.

Smoke has stopped at first start up and rolling into it leaving the house. there may only be a light haze but i cant see it if there is. all i know is its getting better. Not to metion the smell of burning oil is not near as potent in the mornings.

Sooooo happy!! seems the rings are finally sealing up! Gunna check oil level tonight

:nanawrench::dancenana:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
:woott:
Well got 1500 miles on this oil change with jsut regular 15w-40 and done quite a few WOT runs when shes dead cold.

Smoke has stopped at first start up and rolling into it leaving the house. there may only be a light haze but i cant see it if there is. all i know is its getting better. Not to metion the smell of burning oil is not near as potent in the mornings.

Sooooo happy!! seems the rings are finally sealing up! Gunna check oil level tonight

:nanawrench::dancenana:

:thumb::thumb: