Built motor using oil

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Could it be a bad oil ring on one of the pistons? im guessing you used new rings?

My motor has about 5k on it and probably has 30 passes at 700-750 and hasnt burnt a drop of oil ... yet lol

i drove it around 800-1000 miles at 400hp to break it in constantly varying RPMS.

Yup, new rings all around.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Chance it could be leaking out the hot side of the turbo(s)? Don't think it is but I would try everything before pulling heads. I'm guessing you checked all the seals and it is burning and not leaking ?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ever since you had someone build your engine you post like you know what your talking about.. You know nothing about Guy's shop. Ive been there, I know how much he has in equipment.. Clearly points out you know nothing about what your talking about by giving advice saying to "run thicker oil to mask the issue up" Jesus man, STFU already! :thumb:
Cool story bro

I dont know anything about guys shop other than hear from the majority of the so cal cheerleaders making it sound like he is the only one who knows how to build an engine. Have you ever heard of people using a thicker oil when they start using oil? Guess not. You cant have a strong engine if you skip out on the basics! I dont see anything wrong with anything i posted. Im sorry i try to explain stuff rather than your smartass who just makes half assed posts all the time.Like "it wont work..." Or "too many variables..."

You sir, are the douchebag.

catmenace

Jul 31, 2010
I bought a built LB7 from Guy in my old truck. Same issue. Burnt a lot of oil as well. Asked Guy about it and he stated that it shouln't burn oil and to let him know. The engine ran great other then burning a lot of oil. I have since traded the 2001 up to my 2011.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Cool story bro

I dont know anything about guys shop other than hear from the majority of the so cal cheerleaders making it sound like he is the only one who knows how to build an engine. Have you ever heard of people using a thicker oil when they start using oil? Guess not. You cant have a strong engine if you skip out on the basics! I dont see anything wrong with anything i posted. Im sorry i try to explain stuff rather than your smartass who just makes half assed posts all the time.Like "it wont work..." Or "too many variables..."

You sir, are the douchebag.

Were you talking? :roflmao:

Must be another case of "the mondays" for you. :spit:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I actually heard him loud and clear when he said it would be fine. But someone who has built awhole lot of winning nascar, drag car, pulling truck, dirt track motors. Back on topic now

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Im sorry but thats ignorant. Yes, it might be "ok" to reuse them, but "ok" doesnt cut it in my book. Did he think it was a regular tq+angle spec or does he know its tty?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Idk i asked him about the new bolts sitting in the bag still. He said he didnt pay much attention to what they were, thought they were something else. Said the old bolts would be fine. The cross bolts are new atleast. Well see how long it lasts.