Broken Crankshaft Count?

Please pick the one that you had break

• Total voters

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I know I'll do an af cam next time the heads are off my motor. I'm convinced it at least "helps" to change the firing order

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
It would be very interesting to see what turbo set ups were the most common to break cranks as well. Twins seem to be the front runner. I would conclude that is related to how the torque comes in at a lower rpm. Thoughts?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Finally lost mine in my lbz tow rig, 251k on the clock, 40 overs modded stocker twinz, made roughly 650/680rwhp, I was never easy on it, have used it at max power towing over 21k more than a hand full of times, figured I was outta the woods if it didn't break yet....oh well, time to make improvements!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It would be very interesting to see what turbo set ups were the most common to break cranks as well. Twins seem to be the front runner. I would conclude that is related to how the torque comes in at a lower rpm. Thoughts?

Mine had a BW S464 fixed geometry single. I wasn't running high boost and was trying to keep max torque down. Around stock levels when mine went.

EDP

<<<< Miss The Ol Girl
Here is an updated Vendor list of who is now setup in our dealer network and can supply you with our Alt. Fire Cam shaft. We have been trying to keep ahead of the orders as best we can. Feel free to contact us or any of these supporting vendors as well.

Performance Truck Products of Texas
Rudy's Diesel Performance
Xtreme Diesel Performance
Wagler Competition Products
Danville Performance
DHD (Dirty Hooker Diesel)
Daves Diesel of Angola
Rock Diesel of Milton
River City Diesel
Performance Diesel Inc.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Broke this afternoon on the highway. Cruising at 70ish. No load. Truck started to knock sporadically and a minute or two later it lost all power and coasted to a stop.