broke crower rod:(

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You have to admit one thing.....Carrillos can take a beating. I highly doubt the majority of members here now would ever have to worry about such things. ;)

But damn, that is impressive. I would proudly hang that on my "Wall of Shame".

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You have to admit one thing.....Carrillos can take a beating. I highly doubt the majority of members here now would ever have to worry about such things. ;)

X2, it takes quite the catastrophic failure to damage them the right way! I have yet to see an actual problem with them yet and we have seen 2400+ftlbs and 1700+hp on them. Hang a valve and you will destroy everything in it's path unfortunately.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

I agree, let me make clear my post was not to take away from Carrillo at all haha, just wanted to show that they aren't invincible. They have a new design out that is heavier duty for duramax as well, for both cummins and duramax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I might have missed it but whose they?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Carrillo can't guarantee staying straight when something like coolant hydro locking a cylinder up. Nobody can. This also wasn't a legitimate failure on Carrillos end. Something made this happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
well. here's the latest. no call back from Kerry at crower. called, left messages and got nothing. I actually called for the 4th time yesterday or day before and talked to him personally he said let me check with the techs in the shop I'll call u right back. this is not looking good. or maybe they are trying to budget in my new shortblock there rod clearly ruined from socal diesel :roflmao:

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have seen a Carrillo rod get bent. BUT, it wasn't' because of power. Buddy of mine went with 200% overs and a tip on the injector fell off and filled the cylinder with fuel. Hydro locked and bent the rod. I couldn't believe it at first when I saw it.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
These are all great stories about carrillos being abused but not sure how it relates to our crowers just coming apart ??

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
I think it speaks for itself... these Carillo "failures" would have been that much more catastrophic if it was a Crower rod in its place.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I feel like it's pretty obvious but somehow this was kept quiet. I actually found a set of crowers out of ATS' hazmax that are also fractured

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I finally got sick of Kerry at crower saying he would call me right back and never called. So this time I just asked for the manager/boss. Spoke with a nice young lady who said she is going to jump this Kerry guys ass and get me fixed up :thumb: so happy