broke crower rod:(

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
I finally got sick of Kerry at crower saying he would call me right back and never called. So this time I just asked for the manager/boss. Spoke with a nice young lady who said she is going to jump this Kerry guys ass and get me fixed up :thumb: so happy

Any updates on this? did they take care of you?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I had Crowers in my first build that I had in the truck for the 2010 DPC. I hit it with nitrous from low RPM on the dyno to get a high torque number - probably did it 4-5 times. Also sprayed the hell out of it while towing the trailer. A month later I lost a piston (new stock cut and coated) after trapping 136 in the 1/4. I inspected the rods when I removed them and sent them back to Crower for a more in depth inspection and everything was fine with them. Sold them to a customer that we built a motor for and they are still doing fine now. Wonder if they had a bad batch of steel that you and delong both got some rods from.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I had Crowers in my first build that I had in the truck for the 2010 DPC. I hit it with nitrous from low RPM on the dyno to get a high torque number - probably did it 4-5 times. Also sprayed the hell out of it while towing the trailer. A month later I lost a piston (new stock cut and coated) after trapping 136 in the 1/4. I inspected the rods when I removed them and sent them back to Crower for a more in depth inspection and everything was fine with them. Sold them to a customer that we built a motor for and they are still doing fine now. Wonder if they had a bad batch of steel that you and delong both got some rods from.

It has to be. It broke with the cruise set Dustin

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
No. I can't get a call back
That sucks.

When Simon bent a couple of Cunningham rods at about 1200 wheel hp, he sent them to Pat to measure and determine which ones bent who then sent them all to Cunningham who warrantied the whole lot and replaced them. They admitted a flaw in their early designs which had since been rectified.

That's what a company who stands behind their product does. Slim never even bought them directly from Cunningham but from another board member who bought them but never used them.

I currently have the warranty replacements in my truck.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bullshit! For the price of these things I'd go apeshit if this happened to me. Glad I have Carrillos in my build. Then again, doesn't mean it can't happen with them too.