Bolt In Coilovers, Drop, Helper Bags, and other stuff Build

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
Nice!! I was going to ask how much ride height adjustablity there was. I love the stance you have your truck at but dont think id want to go quite that low.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Luke, your truck's stance is about perfect for a drag racer. Makes me think I should just put the 1/2 ton body on the donor truck and run that....:rofl:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Looks sweet:thumb:

Doesn't look like your boost hit 20psi before you let off the brake though:confused: 20 is a pretty big number to have on the gauge with your foot on the brake, and it take a little more fuel and time to get there...;)

The suspension looks like it is working friggin awesome though, nice weight transfer and really smooth, nice work man, really nice:D :hug:

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Is it just me or does your hood open really wide?

oh and truck looks very nice:thumb:

It's in the "mechanic position" or what ever its called. The hood has an extra set of holes to open it up fully. The hood can't move in this position but makes working on it nice and easy

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Nice! Your interior is exactly what I want in my RC. It's so hard to find that color leather full power and console though.... how did you hunt yours down?

Love those coilovers too.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Heres a launch video on 20psi. Front end seperates and CV angles are at stock position. No flying parts just yet. :roflmao:

[YOUTUBE]wiXbfwY68Uc[/YOUTUBE]

Oh yeah, that'll work! Weight seems to transfer pretty well, too. Where's the video from the GoPro?

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Nice! Your interior is exactly what I want in my RC. It's so hard to find that color leather full power and console though.... how did you hunt yours down?

Love those coilovers too.

Console I got off eBay and the seats I stole out of my SS, had kirkeys to go in it but never got around to a cage... And thanks, so far I love them too!

Oh yeah, that'll work! Weight seems to transfer pretty well, too. Where's the video from the GoPro?

Weight transfers nice, I want to stiffen the front shocks up some and put some air in the bags and see if I can get it to hit the rear tires harder, but I'll have time for that later. I'll get the gopro vid up later, probably Monday. I've got to play school catchup tomorrow.

Grizz3500

May 28, 2011
Hauser, Idaho
I am very interested in the rear mounted air bags and brackets. I would like to lower my truck, but can't do to bump stop mounted air bags. This set- up looks great. What are the weight rating on the helper bags?

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
damn makes me want a std cab REALLY bad... very nice looking truck man.

Thanks! And you should get one! RC/LB are the best!

I am very interested in the rear mounted air bags and brackets. I would like to lower my truck, but can't do to bump stop mounted air bags. This set- up looks great. What are the weight rating on the helper bags?

It's a 267c bag, rated at 2140lbs each. I'm looking into having some brackets cut, but I will have to see...

A couple pictures from the launch testing, and one with the "executive"

edfeb4035af920da3d319edac6c065f7_zps22673c74.jpg

1c99fd4d97ec6ac5b2469aba3a1a36b3_zpsf7cb1067.jpg

ae3c33ca32794ddb0d6b33ddd0f83dc2_zpscda2d6d7.jpg

804d400c8ff5a42aaa8d3b6e7c0961f1_zpsb3e04382.jpg

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
I really like the look of your truck, just not sure about the cv angels seeing how I will launch in 4 x 4. Wonder if I did djm spindles and control arms it would help.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I really like the look of your truck, just not sure about the cv angels seeing how I will launch in 4 x 4. Wonder if I did djm spindles and control arms it would help.

Spindle drop would put it to low, but the djm arms might not be a bad idea if they can support the coilover, I posted a vid in the previous page of a 20psi 4x4 launch, and I did 4 or 5 total that afternoon and no issues. I really think everyone is fretting about the angle a bit much, it's only 15* and a CV axle can handle upwards of 30*. Maybe if your making 1000hp I could be an issue? But it's a non issue for me.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well, atleast with a starting negative CV angle, you don't need to worry about it getting any worse LOL. I think the CV angle fear is moreso of them overextending like I did on my LBZ because of the parts I used.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston

As requested! and I may have a few more later this week, along with all the technical data as promised from before.

Same 20psi 4x4 launch from before

[YOUTUBE]Oj1QGkhcobw&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

2WD for fun

[YOUTUBE]ZJR8TN8qhis&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Well, atleast with a starting negative CV angle, you don't need to worry about it getting any worse LOL. I think the CV angle fear is moreso of them overextending like I did on my LBZ because of the parts I used.

haha yeah, being lowered has so many advantages :thumb: I think we found a winner with these coilovers; especially if you dont want to go this low, everything should stay within spec.