Blown motor=Build time

Mattsmax

Jul 27, 2013
Barboursville, VA
Well as some people know I blew a hole in the side of my block Sunday night. Well at this point I'm gonna do a full build. I know what parts I want in my motor but I don't know who to have build it for me. I also don't have a good core or a block to build at this point as mine is junk now. Still in air to order a built engine from atp or SoCal vs buying all the parts and taking it to a reputable machine shop

I'm located in central VA and it'd be nice to have a shop as close as possible build it for me. Future power will be a 480/483 over a 3794 68mm with 60 overs. Whatever that gets me power wise is where I'll be at.

So far on my list:
Carillos
Finger Pistons
SoCal billet flexplate
SoCal ati damper
New lb7 crank
Arp main studs, already have head studs
All clevite h bearings
New oil pump and cooler
Alt fire cam
Hamilton 95lb valve springs

The carnage

The truck

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Prepare to pay 30k for either or those dealers to build you an engine...

I'd go the 2nd route and take your time...

Mattsmax

Jul 27, 2013
Barboursville, VA
Prepare to pay 30k for either or those dealers to build you an engine...

I'd go the 2nd route and take your time...

I've priced one through atp and it was less than 20,000. I still need to find a good core tho no matter which route I take. Think I found one in NC but it was in a burned vehicle. Most the fire was on top end so bottom should be okay id think

My biggest concern is finding an experienced machine shop that has done some higher hp builds. I talked to Custom Auto today and James is gonna send me some quotes hopefully tomor

Mattsmax

Jul 27, 2013
Barboursville, VA
How far is Evan from Limitless from you? I'd trust him to build a engine.

Prolly about 8-9 hours to his shop. No telling with traffic tho goin through all those big cities. I've heard good things about Evan tho

And I'm not stuck on the 95lb spring. But I've been told they aren't necessary by some people and some people say I better have them. So idk what or who to go by. I feel like I've been zig zagging every since my motor took a dump

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
I still say put rods pistons (and the obvious bearings/rings studs) Key it all, new crank and an AF cam and call it a day, And i still say dont buy that burned engine, it could have been very very hot when the cold water hit it and i just think thats a recipe for disaster

Mattsmax

Jul 27, 2013
Barboursville, VA
Maybe PM mikediesel. IIRC he had Custom build his. Sounds like they did a good job

I have been talking with him actually. He's the reason I started talking to them. He hasn't been giving his truck a break since the motor either by looking at the videos. lol
They seem very knowledgable at what they do and he's given me a very good quote for what I want done

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Wagler's prices are pretty reasonable for the quality of work they do. I would give Jeremy a call and go from there. Otherwise, Burkett Racing is not far from you and they will treat you well.