Big Single Turbo/Large injectors=Injector Rattle??????

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Just my two cents... Starting threads to start trouble and making posts like you have been whether your right or wrong does nothing for PPE's image or yours.

My intension was not to "start trouble" it was to show customers that NOT ALL single turbo/larger injectors setups rattle (as many have now posted up). I think its important that poeple know the truth and can make a "informed decision" on what they are interested in purchasing, not just some guy with a RATTLE BOX that can not get his setup/tuning to work right.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Sounds to me like it was a wet noodle until it saw enough lbs/minute for the MAF to give it enough fuel and then the turbo lit, my stock LB7 with a stock charger will blow the tires off right off the line if I step on it.

It doesn't wait 100 feet to start to spin the tires.

Is that a stock PPE tune, off the shelf ???

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Tony,

This is the dumest thing I have EVER seen you post (and I have a lot of respect for you). I have a 108/80mm charger on this truck not a stock IHI..... You have a 80mm single that will light faster?

Thats funny it fuels just fine of the line from a stand still (black smoke, No rattle).

Sounds to me like it was a wet noodle until it saw enough lbs/minute for the MAF to give it enough fuel and then the turbo lit, my stock LB7 with a stock charger will blow the tires off right off the line if I step on it.
It doesn't wait 100 feet to start to spin the tires.

Is that a stock PPE tune, off the shelf ???

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I don't feel the video showed much at all...

What exactly are you looking for? I was asked to make a video from a stand still (stopped) and floor the truck (100%) to prove it did not rattle . It did not rattle and does not rattle no matter what I do to it on the street. That was the point of the video, not showing performance. If I was showing performance I would of done a boosted launch or roll into the throttle to get it on boost sooner (not just flood the engine with fuel TRYING to get it to rattle)

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Tony,

This is the dumest thing I have EVER seen you post (and I have a lot of respect for you). I have a 108/80mm charger on this truck not a stock IHI..... You have a 80mm single that will light faster?

Thats funny it fuels just fine of the line from a stand still (black smoke, No rattle).

I can't remember, I have tuned so many trucks I can't keep track of them anymore.

Big singles light slower for sure, but in the end if you don't push the fuel & timing to the edge or slightly over the edge you are leaving power on the table, and that is the difference between 1st and 2nd usually.

Just my $.02 cents.

;)

BTW, don't let out so hard it "WOOFED" pretty bad......:thumb:

I also like breaking people's balls........you are getting yours broke by a lot of people right now, did someone yell "PILE ON" ???

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Ya I hear ya... I think my 2WD (non back halfed) truck that will 60 ft with a 1.67 is doing just fine!

Ya its a woofer all right!:thumb:

I think its "Dog Pile" or in this case "Dan Pile" LOL

[YOUTUBE]B8HLsyNkgaY[/YOUTUBE]

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
What exactly are you looking for? I was asked to make a video from a stand still (stopped) and floor the truck (100%) to prove it did not rattle . It did not rattle and does not rattle no matter what I do to it on the street. That was the point of the video, not showing performance. If I was showing performance I would of done a boosted launch or roll into the throttle to get it on boost sooner (not just flood the engine with fuel TRYING to get it to rattle)

I could be wrong, but it appears like it was a "light" boosted launch...

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I was kinda thinking the same, but didn't wanna say anything. It seems to me that from a dig it would be different, but obviously that is tuning. Dan did you get my PM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Hard to tell in the video, but it looks like the tach is at about 1800 while the speedo is still at 0. Pause it right around 8 seconds.

The speedometer was def. Not at 0. If you look towards the inner part of the speedometer, you can see it better. It's at about 5 or 10

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
If someone thinks theyre accomplishing something by lighting a gtx4508 quickly, thats funny! I never had a problem lighting one within seconds on the line.... theyre cute little guys. I destroyed 3 of them last year by overspeed.:thumb: Ive since stepped up into big boy pants, with a big boy charger.:thumb:

fctry286

WhisperMax
Jul 30, 2010
San Diego.
Dan's truck does not rattle at all off the line from a stand still. I have been around his truck numerous times to see and hear it. It does not rattle it is smooth 100%.