Big Single Turbo/Large injectors=Injector Rattle??????

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
So I have been told its pretty much impossible to have a Large SINGLE turbo (let’s say 68mm or larger) with larger injectors and not have timing/Injector Rattle....

What are you experiences???
Please post you thoughts and comments from personal experience (Not "I know a guy")

I know what mine are ;)

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
So I have been told its pretty much impossible to have a Large SINGLE turbo (let’s say 68mm or larger) with larger injectors and not have timing/Injector Rattle....

What are you experiences???
Please post you thoughts and comments from personal experience (Not "I know a guy")

I know what mine are ;)

Is it possible with tuning setup for it , yes on most trucks , but most race tunes arent designed that way for a good reason . At my elevation going WOT under 10 psi with any turbo setup ( even small triples ) can work but will almost always net slowing spooling than rolling into it when its ready / manipulating it manually .

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
dan the dip shit said...i can punch my truck from a dig and have no injector rattle?!?!? is this true for you guys as well? because if so im doing something all wrong...

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
"Big" injectors, 475/87/1.00, alls good here, If you go full throttl from a dead stop, you might get a smig of a light rattle but nothing like ive heard some big tuned trucks do;), and its no lazy pig!

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Who cares if it rattles? Mine does if im not easy with my foot, but it still wins. My single makes those 80mm guys look so cute and small.:roflmao:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
x2 Rob, but I'm sure Dan's seen bigger! mine rattles, it's gotten better with a few revisions, but I'm 90% sure it's because of hardware and not the software

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
i know if i floor board my truck, unboosted, it will rattle like hell. build a little boost and do a small launch and nothing. of coarse race tunes are gonna rattle IMO. they arent built to drive around on. they are made to build boost, launch, and go WOT for 1/4 mile. so i dont bitch about my truck rattling

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
x2 Rob, but I'm sure Dan's seen bigger! mine rattles, it's gotten better with a few revisions, but I'm 90% sure it's because of hardware and not the software

Seen and ran (as a single) is 2 different things...:D Ive seen a lot bigger, but its who has the ballz to light them.:D