Best Bourbon or Whiskey

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Anyone ever try Bulleit Bourbon? Saw it the other day and was tempted but didn't pull the trigger. Says it has a 30% rye content.

Bulleit is good, I usually go for Wild Turkey, but sometimes I want a change, and this is it. Rare Breed is the best thing in the liquor store.

Nacho05

<---Shaken, not stirred!
Aug 28, 2006
Los Angeles
I've tasted Henry McKenna single barrel and it is pretty good. Had Pappy Van Winkle ($80 bottle) and it was a hair better than Henry McKenna... not worth the price for the slight increase.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Anyone ever try Bulleit Bourbon? Saw it the other day and was tempted but didn't pull the trigger. Says it has a 30% rye content.

One of my faves, I like it!

Also Stranahans Colorado Whiskey, have a 7yr sittin on the desk:thumb: yum!
think it was $70+ iirc:eek: But good stuff!

Been known to drink Makers Mark and if im feelin like PO'ed, the bite of Knob Creek goes ok.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
I tried Eagle Rare a while back, had never heard of it, but it was on sale. It was a few bucks cheaper than Rare Breed, and quite good.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I've been looking for Colorado Whiskey for a while, still cant find it. :(

That sucks! Perhaps you could ask a liqour store to order you some? Im not sure but Stranahans might sell by order from there site? Worse comes to worse, i suppose i could snag you a bottle from the store here and mail it to ya:thumb:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
I saw & snagged a bottle of Pendletons on the way home tonight, heard much good on here about it..........

:shots: :drool: :thumb:

Thats some gooooooood stuff, tied for 1st place in my whiskey tasting portfolio:spit:
Good call! Pretty safe bet to go and get the big bottle:D :D They were out of the 10yr special of it, said they are havin a tough time keepin it on the shelf:thumb:

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
I've been sipping on Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit all day, watching it snow & rain. I am quite happy with my purchase.