Beer of the nite

chrisd91

Jan 27, 2012
Washington State
Had a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout for lunch. Not with lunch, for lunch - around noon.

Enjoying a Founders Breakfast Stout now. It's morning. Breakfast time.

How'd they get my pic on the bottle?
IMAG0131_zpseca25499.jpg

Yumm, I love chocolate stouts

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Bring back the squirrel!!!!!!!!!

New Glarus Fat Squirrel?

Vinny How is that New Glarius IPA? Never had that one....cough cough I'm still waiting on Scott to mail me some spotted cow.

I like it, it's a little different than some of the stronger DIPA's but still good and easy to drink despite the 9.75%ABV.

If you want to try some I could send you some, give me an excuse to buy more haha.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
New Glarus Fat Squirrel?

I like it, it's a little different than some of the stronger DIPA's but still good and easy to drink despite the 9.75%ABV.

If you want to try some I could send you some, give me an excuse to buy more haha.

Yeah the Squirrel was a seasonal. I could have sworn I bought one called Nutty Squirrel prob 5-6 years ago in one of their sampler boxes. Maybe it was the same, and I was too drunk at the lake to remember the name.

I wouldn't mind maybe a 6 pack of the IPA and like a case of spotted cow lol. :thumb: Been far too long since I had me some cow. I always take it back home for my "drinker" buddies and laugh my ass off when they drink a 6 pack and are done.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Had a guy leaving at work so we went out last Tues...

Had a couple rounds of Kentucky Pale Ale - Yummy
and a round of West 6th IPA - my first IPA & it was tolerable but not my fav at all. I was DD so that was enough.

Had a couple West 6th Amber Ales Sat. They were quite tasty.

I doubt many have had any of these as they are local to central ky.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Had a guy leaving at work so we went out last Tues...

Had a couple rounds of Kentucky Pale Ale - Yummy
and a round of West 6th IPA - my first IPA & it was tolerable but not my fav at all. I was DD so that was enough.

Had a couple West 6th Amber Ales Sat. They were quite tasty.

I doubt many have had any of these as they are local to central ky.

IPAs+DD doesn't always work the best. IPA's in kentucky, they are catching on everywhere, but the ones from the west always seem better. We have a local brewery that just had a massive expansion and makes some very good IPAs,DIPAs and APAs, Ale Asylum brewery, Hopalicious is their staple kind of like spotted cow to New Glarus. Ballistic IPA is very good and alternates seasons with Bedlam IPA, they also make probably my favorite DIPA to date, Satisfaction Jacksin. Very good, sucks it has to be seasonal.

Need to track down some Double Dog DIPA, gave that to a first time IPA drinker once who had never ventured any further than spotted cow (in WI that is what is considered acceptable outside of the big names and not considered a beer snob) I think I turned him off to the concept. Double dog is pretty strong at 11.5%.

Yeah the Squirrel was a seasonal. I could have sworn I bought one called Nutty Squirrel prob 5-6 years ago in one of their sampler boxes. Maybe it was the same, and I was too drunk at the lake to remember the name.

I wouldn't mind maybe a 6 pack of the IPA and like a case of spotted cow lol. :thumb: Been far too long since I had me some cow. I always take it back home for my "drinker" buddies and laugh my ass off when they drink a 6 pack and are done.

Yeah they put it in their samplers, its discontinued now. I think you are probably confusing that it is a Nut Brown Ale and called Fat Squirrell haha. I am not a fan of Nut Brown Ales that I have had in the past and remember not caring for Squirrel, maybe if I had it today I would think differently, but I am hoping winter is over which means IPA time.

Well you can only have a 4 pack because that's what the thumbprint series comes in. IIRC they are like 10-11 too. I could send you some if you want though. pm me

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Molasses I could maybe tolerate. I tried a couple of New Glarus Lambics(fruit beer) when they were the thumbprint and could hardly choke through the bottle. Must be an aquired taste.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Anyone try Cascade Brewing - Diesel #2. I want some

And Paint- I got another guy trying to find more dogfish 120. He wants a bottle of KBS I've got. (one store I talked to sold out in 12 minutes!). We'll see if he produces. I'll be hitting a couple stores tomorrow too.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Anyone try Cascade Brewing - Diesel #2. I want some

And Paint- I got another guy trying to find more dogfish 120. He wants a bottle of KBS I've got. (one store I talked to sold out in 12 minutes!). We'll see if he produces. I'll be hitting a couple stores tomorrow too.

Thank you very very :D

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Wow that dogfish must be special. asked about it, guy played dumb. Chewed the fat some more, then he pulls 2 bottles out from behind the counter.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Wow that dogfish must be special. asked about it, guy played dumb. Chewed the fat some more, then he pulls 2 bottles out from behind the counter.

No way? That's awesome... You should keep one for yourself to try :D my girlfriend and I are really eager to try some of it.