Been pulled over twice in 2 weeks, what is going on!!!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Only once in the 12+ years, I've been driving have I been stopped when I did nothing wrong. It was about 3 or 4 years ago when I was home on leave. I was driving my dad's Z06, going the speed limit, and I came up behind a cop car that was going 5-10 under the speed limit. I was in a passing zone, and figured I'd pass him. I made sure I didn't exceed the speed limit, and I signaled when I pulled out to pass and pulled back in. As soon as I pull back in, he flips his lights on. I pull to the shoulder, anxious to find out why he stopped me. I roll the window down, and he walks up and goes through the whole traffic stop deal. He says he stopped me because I didn't signal. I didn't argue, I just apologized and said I thought I had. Anyway, I had to explain why I was driving the car. He let me go without a ticket, I guess because I was in the military and had just returned from a deployment. I still don't know why he stopped me. I guess he was pissed that I passed him.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I guess he was pissed that I passed him.

Had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago on the freeway. Passed an unmarked cop car doing 65 or so, while they were doing about 55. As I pass, he flips on the spotter lights they have in the window and shines it right into my cab. Damn near wrecked the truck, those things were so bright.

Not sure what their problem was, since they pulled that move again when I accelerated back to 65. Nothing ahead of me that needed slowing for. I was getting pissed, kinda glad I had to get off the freeway immediately after for my exit, as their antics were pretty BS moves and I was contemplating doing something stupid.

Most PO's I've met are respectable, stand up people..... but some are just dicks.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
no way in hell i would stop if a car shined one of those spot lights on me!!!! one he would get brake checked so bad he would be buying me a new bumper bed and frame. two i would immediatly be on the phone with the local barracks (on my hands free device of course) because i was being followed by somebody trying to run me off the road and cause an accident. no way in hell would i stop unless he turned on flashing lights AND a siren...

if i went further i would go all the way in court and have the officer charged with reckless driving.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
that was probably a wanna be in a retired police cruiser that they bought off an auction block.. i would have followed them home and had a REAL officer meet me there.......

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
that was probably a wanna be in a retired police cruiser that they bought off an auction block.. i would have followed them home and had a REAL officer meet me there.......

It was one of the newer Impalas with no markings anywhere. I could see a light bar in the back window and the spotter lights and that was it. After the second time they did that, I yanked the truck in behind them and flipped on the highs and drove that way till my exit. They turned on the light bar for about 5 secs (they were blue and red) but didn't attempt to follow me.

I still dont know WTF their issue was, but I know I wasn;t doing anything t warrant that kind of bs.

Like I said, I think there are a few select PO's who are just born assholes..... gotta prove something

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
I've went years without getting stopped for anything, now just in the last 2 weeks I've been stopped twice:mad::mad:

Over in MA at geez like 1 AM going the speed limit with the cruise set, I get pulled over because the cop cant see my plate. I had a trailer hooked up, of course you cant see my plate.

Then today on I-69 (let the jokes begin) cruise set at 72 (in a 70) Wife in the pass seat, dog in the back seat, truck was washed and waxed and shining like a new dime, a state cop just about rolls his car to turn around and pull me over. I've got 20% tint on the front doors, against the law in MI.

No ticket either time, but what is going on, did someone put a 'pull me over' sticker on the back of my truck or something???
they are just checking on you; the "free candy" on the side of the van doesnt help either:rofl:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
well i am getting good at getting these damb tint tickets, but i was pulled over for speeding, 16 over, so it woulda been a spendy ticket, but i managed to talk my out of the speeding ticket and just doubled up on the tint tickets. That is a way better deal if you ask me, he liked my truck and told me that i should have been killing the yota that was pulled over in front of me. i replied i def could have but we would prob be having a different conversation right now:happy2:

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
My dad is unlucky in his tacoma, but I "knock on wood" have not gotten a ticket in my dmax yet :D. But then again I don't like paying the state for anything other than my reg taxes.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I've gotten pulled over twice in one day :rofl:

I'm 20 years old and I have been pulled over 28? times. My truck draws attention and the police officers in town like pulling me over I guess... to give me crap about my tinted windows, windshield, taillights, exhaust, tires, no front license plate, etc.

I have 2 speeding tickets from right when I got my license. Other than that I have a no front plate ticket and that it in all the times I've been pulled over.

In highschool it seemed like almost a weekly deal that I got pulled over leaving the football game or something dumb like that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Durasizzle

Oct 3, 2008
Stony Plain. Alberta
Just got my first photo radar couple days ago in the mail. 92 in a 70 zone and its only 136 bucks so im not complaining. It sucks now that most of the Yellowhead highway in Edmonton has green light camera's. Almost everyday when im going to school i see at least 2 people get hit with the camera's.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I haven't been pulled over but once in the last 8 years. My time is coming though. I got nailed by a red light cramera in our Lowboy, but the ticket ever came. I guess they are smart enough to know we can't stop on a dime.