Been pulled over twice in 2 weeks, what is going on!!!

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
I got one of those tickets before. it said ' driver was squelling tires. smoke coming from tires was creating a hazard to other drivers'

I was 16/17 and it was in a 1983 honda civic. I went to fight it and told the judge I'm still learning how to drive a stick shift. ya I got a squeel out of the tires but reckless driving and 6 points?

he said 'the ticket says.....no I'm not dropping the charges'

I told him to keep reading on the ticket it also says 1983 honda civic. what it doesn't say is front wheel drive with 149000 miles on the original clutch. do you really think I could get enough smoke off the tires to be hazardous?

he threw it out.

I didn't tell him about the bleach squirter I put on the car

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
...s'pose my time is due with my black truck come spring when it sees the road again, but ive been lucky just had a seatbelt warning last summer and that was it.

I live pretty close to indiana where tint is legal though and front plates arent needed, so i think most cops let things slide a little.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
co-worker has been cited for dark tint twice in three weeks. He has 5% but their instrument that reads it says it's 2.5%. Legal here is no darker than 35% on front windows.

I seem to get my fair share of tickets (usually avg. one a year) but I've slowed 'er done a tad so nothing for a while. I DO however have 5% all the way around as does my wife. I guess our days are numbered until we get cited for it.

On the seatbelt law, it started as a secondary offense but now is a primary offense meaning they can pull you over for it.

C-ya

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i've been pulled over so many times i can't even count. for anything from the cop saying i wasn't wearing my seat belt when i really was, to my license plate being too low to the ground...WTF!

i once got pulled over in DE for muffler under 30"... i had stacks and no muffler. explain that one to me.

thankfully since i've been driving my beater buick i've only been pulled over once at 3am, my license was suspended, but the cops were cool and only towed my car and dropped me off at a train station.

as much as i want to drive my truck again i'm not looking forward to being pulled over once a week again. hell once i got pulled over 3x in one night. what's funny is that everytime i've been pulled over i've never had anything said to me about the tints on the front window.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Hahaha, you guys actually stop....?

Hammer down.

j/k :D

I've sorta done that a couple times... both times I seen the cop turn to come get me... so I'd turn off and speed up to try and elude them... I didn't keep trying to "get away" once he was behind me. He was not a happy camper... needless to say, in that situation, when you are out of the vehicle and the cop asks if you got any weapons on ya, don't reach for the pocket knife in your pocket. :rofl: he really doesn't like that. What can I say, I was about 17 and stupid. He finally realized I wasn't really trying to "get away" and didn't have any hidden agendas and calmed down. Gave me a nice ticket though. :eek:

The other one wasn't so lucky. I got pulled into a driveway and shut everything off before they could catch up. :p Watched 'em fly by, get out of site then I fired it back up and proceeded the opposite direction. :hello:

C-ya

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I have been lucky when I was home last time, we went to Michigan for thanksgiving with the family, I got stopped in Ill for 89 in a 65 no ticket, again in MO for 85 in a 70 I just give them my DL and my DOD badge it seems to work.

SINCAL_DMAX

Diesel Powered
Feb 2, 2009
PASO ROBLES CA
I got pulled over sat for passing on a double yellow(only merged a lil then saw the cop and when back) he asked me what i was doing i said being a dumb a$$ he said i was the only honest person he had pulled over that night an let me go. Was sure he would of at least gave me a ticket for tinted windows. :)

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
i'v had 4 seatbelt tickets in the last 3 years
you think i would learn:confused:

same here. 4 but in closer to 5 years. Always been a bad habit, not putting it on, but at my size, the shoulder harness has a tendency to rub a raw spot into the side of my neck. lame excuse, but thats why i dont wear it.:baby:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Got nailed last year for racing a CHP (Dark outside):eek:. I was on my way to work as a car flew up behind me. I was doing the limit, until he tried to pass. he came out from under my bumper and nailed it, so did I... I pulled a good 6-7 trucks on him before the Red/Blue came on. He asked what the F was I doing. I told him "being an ass, to somebody that was riding mine". He wrote me up with the wrong location on the ticket (Where he stopped me) wrong speed that he said I was going (he said 85 wrote 95+) and wrong truck model (1500). I went to court and the judge dropped it (officer was a no show). Judge asked why the officer would make all these mistakes and pull me over. I told him very nice that the officer must have been having a bad day:D.

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Funny story...a couple of buddies of mine went outside of town to go race one night, both fox body stangs, one turboed the other nitrous. Well they come flyin over a hilltop decererating from a run and whoops, HiPo goin the other way! He only got one but he knew he was caught so when the cop told him he was doin 72 in a 65, my friend says, "Oh is that all, cause we were goin way faster than that!" Hahaha Lmao, cop was pissssssssed!

I got nailed for racin here a year ago or so, gave me an exhibition of speed ticket but he was pretty cool bout it, said if you wanna race go out to the middle of nowwhere 1st! Funny to hear from a cop!

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Got nailed last year for racing a CHP (Dark outside):eek:. I was on my way to work as a car flew up behind me. I was doing the limit, until he tried to pass. he came out from under my bumper and nailed it, so did I... I pulled a good 6-7 trucks on him before the Red/Blue came on. He asked what the F was I doing. I told him "being an ass, to somebody that was riding mine". He wrote me up with the wrong location on the ticket (Where he stopped me) wrong speed that he said I was going (he said 85 wrote 95+) and wrong truck model (1500). I went to court and the judge dropped it (officer was a no show). Judge asked why the officer would make all these mistakes and pull me over. I told him very nice that the officer must have been having a bad day:D.

Better than paying the ticket, the cop made you pay by wasting your time.

:rolleyes:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
43 points pending on my license at 17 :angel: I ended up losing my license for 2 years over that.:mad: Now alot older and a little wiser I have only 1 moving violation in the last 10 years:) I have noticed I get more attention in a red truck with chrome rims and tinted windows though:rolleyes:, 1 tint ticket on my way to the truck pulls last summer, and I got pulled over twice for speeding but both times I was local and new the cops and or there associates = no tickets:cool2::)