Been pulled over twice in 2 weeks, what is going on!!!

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
I've went years without getting stopped for anything, now just in the last 2 weeks I've been stopped twice:mad::mad:

Over in MA at geez like 1 AM going the speed limit with the cruise set, I get pulled over because the cop cant see my plate. I had a trailer hooked up, of course you cant see my plate.

Then today on I-69 (let the jokes begin) cruise set at 72 (in a 70) Wife in the pass seat, dog in the back seat, truck was washed and waxed and shining like a new dime, a state cop just about rolls his car to turn around and pull me over. I've got 20% tint on the front doors, against the law in MI.

No ticket either time, but what is going on, did someone put a 'pull me over' sticker on the back of my truck or something???

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I got nailed again today. I have this tendency to forget that there are speed limits. Oh well, he was nice enough. Seatbelt laws are becoming a fk'n joke here though. Trying to push it through as a primary for a vehicle stop. WTF?? I always figured someone dumb enough to not wear a belt (me) wasn't endangering anyone but themselves, so why stop people for it. :confused: Another money maker I guess.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
seems to me when they passed the seat belt law here they said it couldnt be a primary reason for a stop. A few years later they set up seatbelt enforcement zones and can stop you for seat belt violations alone. Hmmmm

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
yeah same here...but they just need to justify there jobs really with the econ..my buddy got pulled over for blowing black smoke...didnt get ticket but the cop said a dot officer could??? wtf..lol

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Some people get hurt in accidents and don't have insurance so we pay.... potential costs savings by simply having a seat belt on.

Tickets , as well as being a fine, generate ALOT of income for cities/states, when people don't have jobs they don't pay mortgages or taxes.... Uncle Sam has to make a buck to pay for the $2 they wasted.;)

Seriously, the housing/recession has put a hurt on local government. They need to write tickets to supplement income. I haven't had a ticket in 15 years, i just got one!

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
No joke, my DL is terrible (speeding tickets and exib. of speed) and I have seen Po-Po everywhere! I'd better watch me arse! Least this Benz isnt the speed demon the truck is:D

dbtravis

is rattling my brain out
Jan 25, 2009
Michigan
since buying my truck I've been pulled over for:
tinted windows ($100!)
lift law (1/8" BELOW legal limit with bald tires)
sound ordinance
sound ordinance
sound ordinance

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
yeah same here...but they just need to justify there jobs really with the econ..my buddy got pulled over for blowing black smoke...didnt get ticket but the cop said a dot officer could??? wtf..lol

when I got back on the eway, I slowly crossed back over the rumble strip then nailed it... left the cop a nice black cloud. wife didn't think it was as funny as I did

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i was leaving a pull in Northampton, MA last fall and driving 10 miles back to our shop and didnt make it through town before getting nailed for excessive smoke:D the cop was like "does it normally do that?" I was driving and Aaron was following in another truck and he pulled around to watch:rolleyes: i said, "it's not my truck, but i made it smoke. BTW, we just help generate tax dollars for the city." he said "can you change it?" i said "Not right now" (looking at the DSP5):angel: he gave a warning to Aaron and not me since it was his truck:rofl::rofl::rofl:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
since buying my truck I've been pulled over for:
tinted windows ($100!)
lift law (1/8" BELOW legal limit with bald tires)
sound ordinance
sound ordinance
sound ordinance

The cop told me it was a fine and 2 points!!!!!!

I'll pay the stupid ticket. I'm 35 and just last year got carved up like a turkey at thanksgiving by the dermotologist for spots on my skin that 'arent cancer yet'?!?!?!?

Yea, i'll pay the fine for a little less sun beating down on me

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
end of the month,My tint is way to dark for my state lol, But I never drive in my on state long i'm 1 mile from the 2 states I drive in the most.They can not give a ticket to me for it since most states make you remove it and you have to go to the DMV if your not tagged in that state can not do that to you your just passing thru.They try to do loop holes on you to make money.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I was told if the cop is a big enough dick, blowing black smoke can actually nail you a "wreckless driving/endangering" award. No shit, I don't lie I was told this by a cop once. So I put a stack on, figured it really isn't wreckless if it is blowing upwards :D

Okay so I didn't put the stack on for that reason things just played out that way.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I was told if the cop is a big enough dick, blowing black smoke can actually nail you a "wreckless driving/endangering" award. No shit, I don't lie I was told this by a cop once. So I put a stack on, figured it really isn't wreckless if it is blowing upwards :D

Okay so I didn't put the stack on for that reason things just played out that way.

If you blow smoke on someone and the cop thinks you did it for th eheck of it they can charge you with assult here.