ATP no longer offering tuning?

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Rob I’m sorry to hear a major part of your business is taking a hit by the very people that are supposed to support small business
I hope the best for you:thumb:

Now to add my two cents
Performance and racing all started with outlaws and continues with outlaws
It’s sad that a few spoiled apples are ruining the bunch but that’s how it goes
If we who are truly enthusiast though stick together we will weather the storm and figure things out
Will we be 100% by the book? No... but nothing “performance” is!
Maybe if everyone gets shut down someone will then start selling “How to tune for Dummies?”

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Maybe he can start providing 3/4 Finished tunes.......................................
This is similar to how some kit aircraft are done. They bring the buyer out and "help" the buyer assemble the kit in their factory. The buyer does the minimum amount of work legally required to keep it a "kit" aircraft, and it is all the easiest stuff. LOL
What I was saying is it gets brought to front because of this. I see around me all the time cops pulling over morons smoking out intersections. Yet I will watch a cammed out Vette drive right by. You can't "see" the problems on gas vehicles so it's kind of out of sight out of mind. This is my opinion anyways. I do construction work we deal with the DPFs on the equipment all the time...
Yep, cops totally ignore modified gas motors, even if it is obvious. You can EASILY smell when someone is running without a cat, but I have never known anyone to get stopped for that, even in California. And turbos on cars that never offered a turbo motor, etc. Out of sight out of mind indeed.

Performance and racing all started with outlaws and continues with outlaws
It’s sad that a few spoiled apples are ruining the bunch but that’s how it goes
If we who are truly enthusiast though stick together we will weather the storm and figure things out
X2

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
It is very unfortunate for Rob but if this type of government keeps getting bigger it will be very unfortunate for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Think MotorOps/DmaxTuner, there's ways around it not sure for how long though. Don't think they can do shit with emailed tunes but actual products across country borders eventually I would imagine.

Last edited:

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Yeah sure, what part of my post is considered trolling? I don't buy tunes so either way it doesn't bother me just making suggestions more tuning companies are setting up shop outside the US.

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
I have gotta agree with you on that one, Im a pretty young diesel enthusiast, but I hate coal rollers, I have never thought rolling coal is very cool, and it just makes the whole diesel industry look bad, and it makes everyone think that diesels are so dirty and terrible, when the reality is they dont run that dirty, its just all the little a**hats who tune their trucks with freaking dirty tunes, so they can roll coal. Lots of the coal rollers are usually driving pavement princesses anyway. I hate the whole rolling coal epidemic, it is ruining diesels for everyone, for just some stupid black smoke that isn’t even cool. Have fun vaping at the mall at your pavement princess truck meet. Oh yeah and dont forget to share where you got that sick coal rolling tune also, and make sure you dont hit any curbs rolling coal of the mall parking lot, you gotta remember you only have like an inch of sidewall on those tires. This thread just sucks, it is so depressing, its like being at a funeral. And a sign of what the crooked dems have in store for us, less freedom, and a hell of a lot more government control. (Sorry for the rant)

Just my opinion, but I don’t think these trucks rolling coal play a big part. Follow the money, this is much bigger.

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Yeah sure, what part of my post is considered trolling? I don't buy tunes so either way it doesn't bother me just making suggestions more tuning companies are setting up shop outside the US.

There’s lots of ways to try and outsmart the system, but those ways cost a lot of money.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Shiiping a illegal product into the United States is 100% illegal.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Funny how CARB seems to be attacking the one who was working hard to build approved Air Board tuning, I think Rob was getting too close to actually making progress in cleaner emissions that would expose a good portion of CARB's efforts as fraud.
If you look at the evolution of diesel emissions and regulation you see one fail after another.
Other than particulate (visible smoke) the typical diesel engine started out cleaner than it's gas-burning counterpart from the beginning. The diesel being cleaner and primarily used in industrial situations escaped the hammer of the clean air act for some time till stiffening regulations caught up with it. Keep in mind that efforts from industry and free enterprise, working for more economically efficient trucks and equipment were already making diesel engines even cleaner. Then in stepped CARB to rescue us from the dreaded global warming and clean up our dirty diesel engines and mandate the EGR be installed on all new diesels.:woott: EGR successfully lowered NOX but that success was temporary. The addition of EGR increased the particulate emissions, this added particulate emissions was not only displeasing visually to the tree huggers, it also increased internal engine wear fouled injectors and plug the EGR system itself. Instepps CARB to rescue us again with the diesel particulate filter. But how do we solve the problem of a filter that has to filter so much material that it almost plugs immediately, perfect ideal we add an injector in the filter to burn this off. Oh that was a great idea now we just smashed the fuel mileage and we're burning that excess fuel without doing any work. The addition of diesel particulate filters not only ruined the fuel mileage increase free enterprise made it created a maintenance nightmare.
Here comes CARB to the rescue again, DEF another emissions fail. First off DEF fluid has an extremely short shelf life as it crystallizes almost immediately. Second off DEF fluid must be manufactured and distributed how much does this add to air pollution??? In addition DEF is manufactured from natural gas wasting yet another valuable energy asset.

Last edited:

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Funny how CARB seems to be attacking the one who was working hard to build approved Air Board tuning, I think Rob was getting too close to actually making progress in cleaner emissions that would expose a good portion of their efforts as fraud.

1000% agreed
Was getting too close for their comfort, They love to create fictitious monsters like (Global warning) and then create a solution for the problem that they created that never really existed in the first place.. when people actually create things that do good for this world they get shut down or even worse... when they feel threatened of getting exposed they shut guys like this down so they can keep on pushing their evil agendas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Sorry about the long difficult read. It's not easy to form such a long post in such a small window that my phone provides. I'm also quite passionate about the subject and get rather keyed up when thinking about it.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Now let's put on our tin foil hats...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you are referring to my post? Let's take in consideration that the laws creating the EPA included that for every regulation they imposed they were required to do a cost analysis for affected industry. They were also required to do cause and effect analysis.
DPA since day one has never done it a single time acting in violation of the laws that govern them.
So why would it be tin foil hat time to make the suggestion the whole thing is corrupt!