ATP no longer offering tuning?

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
It is true unfortunately. ATP cannot sell custom tuning for any truck, even pre-emission, or trucks with factory emissions still on the vehicle. I'm sorry, this is not a business decision that i made, it has been made for us. Thank you to all of our great tuning customers, we have always tried to do a great job. I know at times we may have failed to supply excellence, reading some of the posts in this thread shows that we can't please everyone. I'm sorry about that.

We have a new website coming out next week and will still be focused on the truck industry. We just have new guide lines that need to be followed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Just a simple response would be nice when a customers truck is waiting at my shop for a couple weeks waiting on tunes. I understand you have a lot going on but give me a break.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
It is true unfortunately. ATP cannot sell custom tuning for any truck, even pre-emission, or trucks with factory emissions still on the vehicle. I'm sorry, this is not a business decision that i made, it has been made for us. Thank you to all of our great tuning customers, we have always tried to do a great job. I know at times we may have failed to supply excellence, reading some of the posts in this thread shows that we can't please everyone. I'm sorry about that.

We have a new website coming out next week and will still be focused on the truck industry. We just have new guide lines that need to be followed.

When I was converting my LB7 to a LBZ, you were the only one who would give me the time of day.

Other tuners were concerned that my donor truck was a cab and chassis with dual fuel tanks, that was a non issue for you.

You did not charge anything extra, above the cost of a normal tune.

Truck has great from the moment I fired it up.

Thank you for your help.

I hope your business continues to prosper.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
When I was converting my LB7 to a LBZ, you were the only one who would give me the time of day.

Other tuners were concerned that my donor truck was a cab and chassis with dual fuel tanks, that was a non issue for you.

You did not charge anything extra, above the cost of a normal tune.

Truck has great from the moment I fired it up.

Thank you for your help.

I hope your business continues to prosper.

I had a similar experience at a much smaller scale. They talked me through a problem that ended up being a mistake I had made for around 30 minutes. The tunes were top notch too. This is sad to hear.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what if we already have a tune? What if we lose our V2 or something? Will we still have access to the tunes or are they gone....

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I know this is probably a dumb question, but what if we already have a tune? What if we lose our V2 or something? Will we still have access to the tunes or are they gone....

i save all my tuning on a thumb drive, as well as email it to myself (stays on the email providers servers). that way it will never be lost.

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
i save all my tuning on a thumb drive, as well as email it to myself (stays on the email providers servers). that way it will never be lost.

I got my tunes form Rob last August and absolutely love them. Yes I have my tunes backed up in several places. But does this change mean that ATP will no longer be able to change previously sold tunes, even for little things like tire size? I assume it does but we all know what that assuming does so I had to ask.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Rob, very sorry to hear about this. It sucks that one of the truly good people in this business gets smacked like this, while the real problem shops somehow avoid any punishment.
I dont see why they came after you, considering you were leading the charge to find emissions-friendly alternatives. But, what's done is done. The government comes thru and leaves its normal trail of carnage.

Good luck in your future endeavors. :)

Moving this into ATP's vendor area, too.

1thackattack

Diesel enthusiast
Apr 7, 2017
Exactly what part of this did you all not see coming? You've got douchebags like RKL diesel here in Utah that cater to the dumbf!@#k hillbilly kids who think "rolling coal" is the coolest thing ever. They dont go fast at all either, just stab the throttle every few feet looking in them dumb ass elephant ear lookin mirrors for the smoke. Dont worry soon well have the epa not allowing any more light duty diesels be sold here in the us. :thumb:

I have gotta agree with you on that one, Im a pretty young diesel enthusiast, but I hate coal rollers, I have never thought rolling coal is very cool, and it just makes the whole diesel industry look bad, and it makes everyone think that diesels are so dirty and terrible, when the reality is they dont run that dirty, its just all the little a**hats who tune their trucks with freaking dirty tunes, so they can roll coal. Lots of the coal rollers are usually driving pavement princesses anyway. I hate the whole rolling coal epidemic, it is ruining diesels for everyone, for just some stupid black smoke that isn’t even cool. Have fun vaping at the mall at your pavement princess truck meet. Oh yeah and dont forget to share where you got that sick coal rolling tune also, and make sure you dont hit any curbs rolling coal of the mall parking lot, you gotta remember you only have like an inch of sidewall on those tires. This thread just sucks, it is so depressing, its like being at a funeral. And a sign of what the crooked dems have in store for us, less freedom, and a hell of a lot more government control. (Sorry for the rant)

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
There's bigger fires to put out right now

Vote !!! and get everyone you can to vote , me must get enough votes to overcome all the illegal votes , dead people votes , college votes that were not cast by students , write in votes where the people dont exist , we must work smarter ! We have our young people go off to WAR !!! doing things to protect us , blowing up entire towns , seeing there friends get killed and when they come home , if they come home they cant even put a tuner on there old pickup truck , that my friend is insane .

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
As you being one of the first to really take it to the national level it is a sad situation to hear. Unfortunately the days of diesel "hotrodding" are coming to an abrupt end.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
There is alot of @$$holes that have given the diesel game a bad name and now good companies will pay. In Maryland a few month back they started passing laws about coal rolling. All these morons buy diesels just to smoke everyone out and people are becoming tired of it...

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
There is alot of @$$holes that have given the diesel game a bad name and now good companies will pay. In Maryland a few month back they started passing laws about coal rolling. All these morons buy diesels just to smoke everyone out and people are becoming tired of it...

Small town about a hour from me passed a law that you can receive a ticket for the same.

Only a puff was allowed. Anything over you was getting pulled over. Last I heard there was no issues after the first wave of tickets. Lol

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Do you guys realize that this has nothing to do with people rolling coal or racing their trucks around? You realize Agricultural and construction equipment also have to follow the same rules?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Do you guys realize that this has nothing to do with people rolling coal or racing their trucks around? You realize Agricultural and construction equipment also have to follow the same rules?

Pretty far stretch to say "nothing". How many tractors and dozers do you think Rob has tuned?

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland

What I was saying is it gets brought to front because of this. I see around me all the time cops pulling over morons smoking out intersections. Yet I will watch a cammed out Vette drive right by. You can't "see" the problems on gas vehicles so it's kind of out of sight out of mind. This is my opinion anyways. I do construction work we deal with the DPFs on the equipment all the time...