ATP no longer offering tuning?

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Yup pretty sure I don't support her or Obummer I'm a republican I like guns, trucks, country life, being able to ride ATV, SXS, sleds, Bikes from my house and those two just wanted to take away everything I like. I'm pretty sure i'm not assuming about your truck why would you keep that shit I wouldn't on anything that's going to be fast, there are so many stupid laws we all break them daily anyways. I didn't come in here to pick a fight with anyone and I didn't throw the first punch. I don't know you or care to so if I offended you with the "merica" comment that wasn't the intent. I don't use that word often but when guys put there hart and soul in to something then have some left wing government ass clowns come kick them in the nuts for really not even being the problem I think it's well deserved.

Sounds like winter is really got us all on the rag :baby: Guess spring needs here

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
There’s lots of ways to try and outsmart the system, but those ways cost a lot of money.

Oh yeah I'm sure it costs money but I would be willing to bet the couple of tuning companies outside the US I can think of probably 100% of the r&d is done in the US and just the product is sold from the foreign company. Hell most of it probably even drop ships to US customers from the US :confused:

Elkriver

Oct 4, 2016
ATP told me they’re no longer doing tunes. Clean Air Act was reason given. Only had my DSP 5 tunes a few months and needed an update for the towing twins I have now. Not a happy camper.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
ATP told me they’re no longer doing tunes. Clean Air Act was reason given. Only had my DSP 5 tunes a few months and needed an update for the towing twins I have now. Not a happy camper.

It's not their fault on what happened so you can't get mad at them. Alot of us have ATP tuning

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico

It is what it is and we don’t care about your feelings about it. Move on.

Elkriver

Oct 4, 2016
Not upset with ATP, I’m upset that this crackdown is happening and upset with myself for procrastinating while my parts were at the powdercoaters for the last 2 weeks. I’m sure this is going to hurt the folks at ATP more than it’s going to hurt me.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Yeah that must suck bad for those who need updates but even more for the company, not sure if ATP locks their tunes if they don't you will have an opportunity to tweak adjustments if it's locked then you're screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilrob

Back in the Motherland
Sep 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Yeah that must suck bad for those who need updates but even more for the company, not sure if ATP locks their tunes if they don't you will have an opportunity to tweak adjustments if it's locked then you're screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob said we can contact them to have them unlocked

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion? If someone haven't been in this sport long enough to know the things that are being discussed in this thread then to bad. We shouldn't be rehashing them IMO. Soon the black helicopters will be flying over our houses too.

Nick sure was forward-thinking stealing other people's tunes and those awesome rods he built.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion? If someone haven't been in this sport long enough to know the things that are being discussed in this thread then to bad. We shouldn't be rehashing them IMO. Soon the black helicopters will be flying over our houses too.

Nick sure was forward-thinking stealing other people's tunes and those awesome rods he built.

Huh

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Now let's put on our tin foil hats...

I'm not one for conspiracies but I would have thought the ones those jackwads would have gone after would be the more prominent and better known big-name tuners. More specifically the ones located in the state where most of this pollution bs comes from. Not some dude in a small town in a small state. Just seems a bit fishy and there would seem that more is going on behind the scenes than we know. ALOT MORE!!!

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY

Are you sure about that? Nick used to offer an extensive tuning library for LB7 all the way up to LMM all you had to do was buy a V2 from him. I wonder how many shops still use his tunes as their own today? The Bac's record breaking stock truck tune was even in it.

The rods deal I agree on. I am not sure why he didn't take care of people on that.

You have to remember Nick started early in the gas world where everything was shared and offered a ton of help back in the day. Then he entered the diesel world which was shared in the beginning when everyone was trying to figure out the limits of the D-Max. Somewhere along the lines people started figuring out that one tune could have very similar if not exact results on multiple trucks. Then came the greed and everyone stopped contributing and started working on their branding skills and started selling these "custom tunes"for stock trucks.

Yes I understand the amount of time and effort put into them especially true custom tunes for modified trucks with endless combinations. I am not cutting any tuners down but I truly wonder how many Tuners started off their tuning business with Nick's library that may have contained some tunes that were part of a collaboration of work by people on the forums .

Last edited:

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
I just ordered a v2 from ATP a few hours ago , just thought it was the right thing to do ! Now if you guys thought some of my questions were off the wall before , just wait till I get this thing ! Just kidding ! I will read all I can prior to any questions .