Are things ever going to get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
We'll have to wait until this November when we have the mid term elections, then we'll have to win big time on the conservative side to stop the Obama train wreck, then we have to force the real changes we need.

Better dig in for at least another 18-24 months of Misery.

:(

I don't get political on this site, but what your saying is not fair to any president. The economy is what it is, it is not controlled by the president. I do inspection at mfg companies and I saw this coming starting back in mid 07. I told all my friends to start saving and to be smart with what they had. Others are correct. get back to school, diversify, work at fast food if you have to. It is always easier to get a job when you have one, and show you are a persevering indivdual.

bonescarolfi

Sep 3, 2008
Marshfield WI
I don't get political on this site, but what your saying is not fair to any president. The economy is what it is, it is not controlled by the president. I do inspection at mfg companies and I saw this coming starting back in mid 07. I told all my friends to start saving and to be smart with what they had. Others are correct. get back to school, diversify, work at fast food if you have to. It is always easier to get a job when you have one, and show you are a persevering indivdual.

I feel the same way. I work for a pretty decent size trucking company and we saw it coming back in the end of 07 too. Freight started dropping and operating cost per mile went from 5 cents per mile to 8 cents per mile over the last 2 years. They were optimistic at the beginning of 08 but now its just hoping it doesn't get any worse. Still holding on pretty well though. Doesn't really seem to matter who the president is. Can't blame just one person.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Its been the same way around here. Business started closing up almost three years ago and followed that trend Steve. I am almost done with my paramedic Vrabel and Im getting my RN after this. Like the optimists are saying get to it! Ive been surviving on side work while Im in school. Hang in there everyone :hug:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I don't get political on this site, but what your saying is not fair to any president. The economy is what it is, it is not controlled by the president. I do inspection at mfg companies and I saw this coming starting back in mid 07. I told all my friends to start saving and to be smart with what they had. Others are correct. get back to school, diversify, work at fast food if you have to. It is always easier to get a job when you have one, and show you are a persevering individual.

Uhmm, Yes it is fair, Obama had a year now to do what he promised, he has done everything possible to make it worse, him and his Democrat Majorities in both the House and Senate. They are selling America out in their backroom, dirty deals. Look at this abomination called Health care. Why it's so bad that even the "HOPE & CHANGE" kool aid drinkers are even having voters remorse. The President sets the agenda, Reagan did when he forced tax cuts and a military buildup, Clinton did when he decided to raise taxes, they set the aganda so they take all the credit or blame. Whatever Obama inherited he can't now say is still why the economy sucks. He passed the Stimulus Bill which was a Union giveaway and special interest bonanza, he it threatening to tax everything, he is letting the Estate Tax re-appear next year, he is letting Pelosi and Reid run the show.

He owns it all.

I feel the same way. I work for a pretty decent size trucking company and we saw it coming back in the end of 07 too. Freight started dropping and operating cost per mile went from 5 cents per mile to 8 cents per mile over the last 2 years. They were optimistic at the beginning of 08 but now its just hoping it doesn't get any worse. Still holding on pretty well though. Doesn't really seem to matter who the president is. Can't blame just one person.

Business still needs things delivered by over the road truckers

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Uhmm, Yes it is fair, Obama had a year now to do what he promised, he has done everything possible to make it worse, him and his Democrat Majorities in both the House and Senate. They are selling America out in their backroom, dirty deals. Look at this abomination called Health care. Why it's so bad that even the "HOPE & CHANGE" kool aid drinkers are even having voters remorse. The President sets the agenda, Reagan did when he forced tax cuts and a military buildup, Clinton did when he decided to raise taxes, they set the aganda so they take all the credit or blame. Whatever Obama inherited he can't now say is still why the economy sucks. He passed the Stimulus Bill which was a Union giveaway and special interest bonanza, he it threatening to tax everything, he is letting the Estate Tax re-appear next year, he is letting Pelosi and Reid run the show.

He owns it all.

Business still needs things delivered by over the road truckers

This recession cannot be stopped by the president, no matter what kind of deals you think he is making. How can any one person change 20 years of trade policies. All the whores in Washington on both sides f things up. I'll give you Clinton started some of this with nafta but it is not the whole cause. The american persons real wages have gone down over the last 10 years. ie: 40k is not really 40k anymore. I don't care who is in office. It would be easy for me to blame Bush for this mess because I saw it starting while he was running the show for 8 years, but I won't. Don't forget the stimulus started during his reign.What is wrong with the economy is the lack of mfg. you cannot import as much as we do with no tariffs and expect American business to compete. Corporate greed is another reason for our problems. Alot of those "chinese" companies importing stuff here are really American companies avoiding taxes. I see companies bring products in and then package them or finish assembly and then call them made in U.S.A. Not trying to piss anyone off, but blame should be placed where it belongs.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio

Well hell, I seen it coming back in 2005. But then again my mom is a CPA and had some inside info.

This recession cannot be stopped by the president, no matter what kind of deals you think he is making. I disagree. It can be stopped, but how in the heck can you waste money like he is and solve the problem, he has done next to nothing to improve the US superstructure like others (Regen) who have spent themselves out of a recession.How can any one person change 20 years of trade policies. IDK Clinton screwed it up as fast as anyone. All the whores in Washington on both sides f things up. I'll give you Clinton started some all*of this with nafta but it is not the whole cause. The american persons real wages have gone down over the last 10 years. ie: 40k is not really 40k anymore. I don't care who is in office. It would be easy for me to blame Bush for this mess because I saw it starting while he was running the show for 8 years, but I won't. Don't forget the stimulus started during his reign. What is wrong with the economy is the lack of mfg.Exactly why bailling out wallstreet did nothing to help mainstreet. you cannot import as much as we do with no tariffs and expect American business to compete.I agree. Corporate greed is another reason for our problems. Alot of those "chinese" companies importing stuff here are really American companies avoiding taxes.Back to Clinton. I see companies bring products in and then package them or finish assembly and then call them made in U.S.A. Not trying to piss anyone off, but blame should be placed where it belongs.

Clinton and the stupid banks should have went under for making dumb loans to dumb people. You can't keep making interest only loans duh. :spit:I do however believe that the car companies should have been bailled out/loaned to unconditionally because they add to the GDP. Banks add nothing to the GDP and provide next to no jobs compared to the auto industry. They should have given every business $100,000.00 for what they used to bail the banks out with, I think that was what I heard.

Anyway, our business (Excavating) is looking up, not because of industry or home building, but the farmers seem to have some money:)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
If any of you guys think Obama, or any other president for that matter can turn around the recession in a year, you are sorely mistaken. It took a lot longer to set all this up for the fall and it will take just as long for it to come back.
Quit playing the blame game, although I didn't vote for Obama, everything happening isn't his fault, there were quite a few things in play before he was.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
This recession cannot be stopped by the president, no matter what kind of deals you think he is making. How can any one person change 20 years of trade policies. All the whores in Washington on both sides f things up. I'll give you Clinton started some of this with nafta but it is not the whole cause. The american persons real wages have gone down over the last 10 years. ie: 40k is not really 40k anymore. I don't care who is in office. It would be easy for me to blame Bush for this mess because I saw it starting while he was running the show for 8 years, but I won't. Don't forget the stimulus started during his reign.What is wrong with the economy is the lack of mfg. you cannot import as much as we do with no tariffs and expect American business to compete. Corporate greed is another reason for our problems. Alot of those "chinese" companies importing stuff here are really American companies avoiding taxes. I see companies bring products in and then package them or finish assembly and then call them made in U.S.A. Not trying to piss anyone off, but blame should be placed where it belongs.

it can be helped. all the sorry sob would have to do is lower taxes. let the people keep their own money. instead like all dem's, they just want to tax any and everything they can possibly think of, causing people to have less and less expendible income, which means they spend less and less. im afraid we havnt seen anything yet, the bottom is not here yet.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
If any of you guys think Obama, or any other president for that matter can turn around the recession in a year, you are sorely mistaken. It took a lot longer to set all this up for the fall and it will take just as long for it to come back.
Quit playing the blame game, although I didn't vote for Obama, everything happening isn't his fault, there were quite a few things in play before he was.

your right, a lot of the idiots were voted in in 06.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
it can be helped. all the sorry sob would have to do is lower taxes. let the people keep their own money. instead like all dem's, they just want to tax any and everything they can possibly think of, causing people to have less and less expendible income, which means they spend less and less. im afraid we havnt seen anything yet, the bottom is not here yet.

You think it's that easy? Look at unemployment rates. Your tax dollars are keeping those people afloat. You quit paying taxes and you pretty much will get a riot in the street because basic needs won't be met for people. How much have your taxes gone up out of curiosity?

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
You think it's that easy? Look at unemployment rates. Your tax dollars are keeping those people afloat. You quit paying taxes and you pretty much will get a riot in the street because basic needs won't be met for people. How much have your taxes gone up out of curiosity?

sounds like a typical dem mentality, gotta make sure the guy next to you is ok. hell with how your doing.

what about the cap on trade tax, where power bills will go up over 1/3?
what about obamacare, who the hell you think is going to pay for that?
what about any other "program" their trying to pass. whos going to pay for it?

im gonna go ahead and tell you, when 50% of the country feels like they dont have to work because the other 50% will cover it, and that 50% wonders why they even go to work to cover the other 50%, the country goes bankrupt.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
all i know is for the 3 trillion dollars that has been sdpent on bail out plans the government could have given every citizen 12k cash , just something to think about , for my family alone we would have gotten 36k in bail out money I could have done alot of stimulating with 36 grand :rofl:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'm lucky to live in TX things ain't as bad here as other places. I was laid off for a bit this year and going over seas crossed my mind again.

Your tax dollars are keeping those people afloat. No the tax $$$ from the next 3 generation are keeping those afloat we are printing $$$ as fast as they can. .

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
sounds like a typical dem mentality, gotta make sure the guy next to you is ok. hell with how your doing.

im gonna go ahead and tell you, when 50% of the country feels like they dont have to work because the other 50% will cover it, and that 50% wonders why they even go to work to cover the other 50%, the country goes bankrupt.

all i know is for the 3 trillion dollars that has been sdpent on bail out plans the government could have given every citizen 12k cash , just something to think about , for my family alone we would have gotten 36k in bail out money I could have done alot of stimulating with 36 grand :rofl:

Better yet split it up by tax paying citizens and i bet it would double or triple the amount :eek:

I am working 2 part time jobs....basically self-employed (currently trying to figure out my 15% SS tax coughs* ouch!) working my rear off while a lot of my relation is on unemployment and doing nothing and could give a shit less. Their comment is Obama will pay my bills, he'll extend unemployment benefits.:mad:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!:thumb:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio

Better yet split it up by tax paying citizens and i bet it would double or triple the amount :eek:

I am working 2 part time jobs....basically self-employed (currently trying to figure out my 15% SS tax coughs* ouch!) working my rear off while a lot of my relation is on unemployment and doing nothing and could give a shit less. Their comment is Obama will pay my bills, he'll extend unemployment benefits.:mad: On EDIT: They sit around and play online computer/nintendo games.

Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

Not democratic actually. I'm just going off of historic events and basic financial models. In short the country is in a hole. I don't care who you blame. If the nation is going to rebound the people with money unfortunately are going to have to pay through the nose it's inevitable. I don't enjoy it, my family suffers big time from it as my dad owns his own business so trust me I do know how it goes. And I am worried about the guy next to me. I like my country and have faith in the people who live here. If you don't maybe you ought to move.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I am working 2 part time jobs....basically self-employed (currently trying to figure out my 15% SS tax coughs* ouch!) working my rear off while a lot of my relation is on unemployment and doing nothing and could give a shit less. Their comment is Obama will pay my bills, he'll extend unemployment benefits.:mad:

That is what America used to be full of good wholesome, hard working people... There are so many immigrants taking FULL advantage of the system. I have a buddy who is black he has friends that have said "Did you hear homeboy? Na, bro what? Obama said we can sell drugs and its going to be made legal... No s**t dog? No s**t. My dad works his ass off everyday as do i it is utterly disgusting to see what this country has become. We can't take care of our own homeless people but we can take care of illegal immigrants??? This country has become so ass backwards it is sad. This Socialized medicine that the Obama Administration has proposed is one of the most flawed proposals to date... it is obvious the Medical System in America needs changing but it has also been proved that Socialized Medicine is flawed. Right now we need to get America back on track not back further in debt

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
I'm lucky to live in TX things ain't as bad here as other places. I was laid off for a bit this year and going over seas crossed my mind again.

yeah i want to move to texas so bad i cant stand it. its funny how texas has no state income taxes and has one of the lowest taxe rates in the country but yet still has a surplus in the budget. NC cant seem to figure that out, they are like most of the rest of the country, where they are not bringing in enough revenue so lets raise taxes. we have over a 8% sales tax rate now and the state gov is way in the hole. when you compare the 2 states its funny how the one that lets the people keep more of their own money has surplus in the state gov!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.