Allison lockup/unlock controller!!!! (NOW SHIPPING!)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
It was the momentary switch.
I also lost reverse.

bad momentary switch? Then it was damaged in shipping. I test EVERY box on the bench before it goes out.................

Sorry I have not been on the forum in a while...ive been super busy in the shop with customers' trucks, as well as getting my own truck back together.

My phone number is on the instructions, as well as my email...Anthony Im sorry I havent checked my PM's recently, but if you would have called me or emailed me I could have walked you through it.

Im not sure why you are losing reverse; it works on all the other 6-speed trucks I have tested it on and you are the first person to report back that it has a problem. If you check your bank account I have not cashed the check yet, because I was waiting for feedback whether you are happy or not.

If "the box is a joke" as you said in your previous deleted post than send it back and Ill mail your check back.

Ben

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
This seems like a neat piece Ben!

Any other LMMs running one successfully? I may be interested for my truck here shortly.

Once I got the controller hooked up it works great. If you use it a few times while driving you will lose reverse. No codes or CEL, once you turn your truck off and restart you will have reverse back.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Once I got the controller hooked up it works great. If you use it a few times while driving you will lose reverse. No codes or CEL, once you turn your truck off and restart you will have reverse back.

Anthony what are the exact conditions that you lose reverse?

IE, is it if you force-lock it and then go back to "normal" factory mode a bunch of times in rapid succession??

If you do a mock 1/4 mile run, boosted 4wd launch, force-lock the converter out of the hole, run the 1/4 mile, and at the end of the 1/4 mile either hit the brakes or press the button again to return to factory....does it lose reverse?

Or only after multiple times?

Im wondering if this is something in the LMM TCM operating systems? All the other 6-speeds have not reported any problems. What TCM OS# are you running? Does anyone know off hand how many different LMM TCM OS #'s there are?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Anthony what are the exact conditions that you lose reverse?

IE, is it if you force-lock it and then go back to "normal" factory mode a bunch of times in rapid succession??

If you do a mock 1/4 mile run, boosted 4wd launch, force-lock the converter out of the hole, run the 1/4 mile, and at the end of the 1/4 mile either hit the brakes or press the button again to return to factory....does it lose reverse?

Or only after multiple times?

Im wondering if this is something in the LMM TCM operating systems? All the other 6-speeds have not reported any problems. What TCM OS# are you running? Does anyone know off hand how many different LMM TCM OS #'s there are?

It only does it after mulitple times of force locking and going back to normal and if I force lock it then do multiple 1/4 mile runs.

When I force lock the converter then hit the brakes the controller goes into normal mode by itself. Also when I force lock the converter and it locks once I go above 50mph it goes into normal mode by itself.

I will have to check what O.S im running

jckleewein

Dec 13, 2008
Broomfield, Colorado
Hey Ben give me a call some time. I sent you a payment over paypal for a lock up controller on May 1st, but haven't heard anything from you. Just would like to get an update. Thanks, JC

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i know he's been busy, after all, he is a 1-man show, but...

Ben, I am gonna come down there and whip you into shape next week so I can get my plow truck running at least...just a fair warning buddy