AirDog and Cat 1R0751 2 micron absolute filter

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Did you shave a little off the bottom of those plastic tabs where they mount to the airdog? So the screws go in a little more?

I removed them completely. I'm sure you could grind them for clearance if you wanted

delivered via tapatalk by your forum daddy!!

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
Great info! The stealer now wants $102 for the stock GM filter :eek: and the Luber Finer fiilters I have been using have gone up to $61 :eek:

I was in the market for a lift pump only but will probably upgrade and include filtration just to save $$. The local filter supply store quoted $22 for the CAT 1R0751.

What am I looking at for the AD filters?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Great info! The stealer now wants $102 for the stock GM filter :eek: and the Luber Finer fiilters I have been using have gone up to $61 :eek:
What am I looking at for the AD filters?

Jeez the place I bought them from when I had the stock filter on the truck is still $28 a filter

fleetguard 2 mic filters for the AD are around $13-14

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Jeez the place I bought them from when I had the stock filter on the truck is still $28 a filter

fleetguard 2 mic filters for the AD are around $13-14

That fleetgaurd is a 2micron nominal filter. It's only 50% efficient at 2 micron. The cat is 99% efficient at 2 micron. HUGE difference!

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
That fleetgaurd is a 2micron nominal filter. It's only 50% efficient at 2 micron. The cat is 99% efficient at 2 micron. HUGE difference!

I know they are, I was just answering his question about price of the AD filters

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I do know there is a cat filter that is the same size as the AD fliter just longer. One of the guys at AD gave me the part number for it just dont have it right in front of me at the moment. 1lowdeisel should be able to tell us

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I do know there is a cat filter that is the same size as the AD fliter just longer. One of the guys at AD gave me the part number for it just dont have it right in front of me at the moment. 1lowdeisel should be able to tell us

That would be great, no modifications!

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Are you a supplier for these?

And some very nice r@d i might add :thumb:

If you are asking me, no I am not a dealer and my hookup just had a change in company policy for employee purchases so I'm back to retail for now.

I work for a hydraulic company, engineering and sales in Houston, TX

If someone has a cat billion and can get these pretty cheap, let us know!!

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Well I crossed ref. the baldwin filter BF7632 that i had my parts guy cross ref from the cat num. orginally and guess what it is the CAT 1R0751 filter. I wish i did that first instead of wasting time finding out the hard way it doesnt work

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Well I crossed ref. the baldwin filter BF7632 that i had my parts guy cross ref from the cat num. orginally and guess what it is the CAT 1R0751 filter. I wish i did that first instead of wasting time finding out the hard way it doesnt work

A little modification and it will work perfect. But i would use the baldwin, it isn't even close to the cat filter quality. No cat dealer close?

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I would mod. the pump but when i did the sump in the tank at the time i didnt think about putting a cutoff valve in line so fuel just runs intill the tank is empty. the nearset two cat dealers are a hr away in opposite directions

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
Well i got cutoff valve and cat filter installed. Baldwin filter overall dia is to big. So i decided to visit cat dealer. Now theres two reasons not to use a baldwin filter on a airdog.