About time!!!!

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The 4.5 had several new ideas that WERE taken and ran with. By Ford. Both the piezo injectors and reverse flow heads were on the 4.5 prototypes, then the 2011 powerstroke comes out with both... It may have been too wide (and had other problems), but it wasn't all bad.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
There's guys in Thailand with the older Colorado diesels running 7s and 8s. Modded obviously and pretty sure they have manual transmissions.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I wonder what transmission they will put behind it?? Wonder what their price point will be? I'm sure it'll be over $30K which does me no good. :eek: Also curious what they may be able to squeeze outta them for fuel mileage? Some of the commenters in the OP link say the Dodge 1/2 ton is slated to get right around 30mpg on the road and mid 20s in city which is better than the colorados in aussie country alreay dporting the diesel. Surely these smaller trucks are going to have to do better than that? 30city/35hwy would be sweet! Maybe then I can try to save for one in 2020-2025. LOL

it will shift 2 more times then the ally:baby:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
When are these due out????

Josh we had the little rangers too, well not really little they are alot bigger than the US spec trucks. I just never drove one, but I did fall inlove with the LUVs

2015 model year so sometime round april

We just did change over in the plant and ran a hand full of these down the line. We might start running them but we have been having issues with getting the new stamping plant finished and the new body shop done. We will build parts in house for these trucks to keep cost down.

After we updated the lines the new computers there acting up and getting the eyes working on the lifts. So everything thing is in a learning state again and we have the new van going into the system then we will add the truck. When we came back this time they had us sign in blood to not take pics or talk about what we see of the new truck once we start building it.The ones we have had down the line have had 2 security guard with them.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
We just did change over in the plant and ran a hand full of these down the line. We might start running them but we have been having issues with getting the new stamping plant finished and the new body shop done. We will build parts in house for these trucks to keep cost down.

After we updated the lines the new computers there acting up and getting the eyes working on the lifts. So everything thing is in a learning state again and we have the new van going into the system then we will add the truck. When we came back this time they had us sign in blood to not take pics or talk about what we see of the new truck once we start building it.The ones we have had down the line have had 2 security guard with them.

Ok so what does it look like and have any specs for us? We can keep a secret here!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
PPE will. They'll pull it on a trailer behind the truck that has the trailer towing record...

Woooooo didn't that motor sell that was in that Guineas World Record braking extraordinary "feet"? It had a World Record price on it. Went up for-sale right after that historical desert run!

Last edited: