About time!!!!

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Lets see if fleece gets anywhere with the cruise, since they are trying for like 400 hp. If that holds up, then my next truck is going to be on the small side.
If that happens (or even close), I will trade my 2013 Cruze Eco on a 2014 Cruze Diesel. Can't help myself :woott:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I think its great... I firmly believe the 4.5 will make a return.

MotorTrend and Car and Driver both said the new half ton Silverado and Sierra cant have a diesel option because there is no Urea fill in the gas door. COuld always fill under the hood...

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
I think its great... I firmly believe the 4.5 will make a return.

MotorTrend and Car and Driver both said the new half ton Silverado and Sierra cant have a diesel option because there is no Urea fill in the gas door. COuld always fill under the hood...

Or do what dodge did and put it in the normal size gas door, there is just less space.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
We had a little Ranger when I was in Qatar. It was a little crew cab with a super short bed, but it was a fun little truck to cruise around in. I don't know how much power it had, but it seemed to have plenty of pep.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Sweet, wifey is on board for the truck. She instantly says "why do YOU want it? Oh wait, you already KNOW what you want to do to the damn thing!"

Mike/Guy, we might be talking soon lol

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Wonder where the price point will be for the regular cab 2wd. I would like something like that for driving to work. Leave the big four by at home unless needed.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
When are these due out????

Josh we had the little rangers too, well not really little they are alot bigger than the US spec trucks. I just never drove one, but I did fall inlove with the LUVs

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Have any of you guys seen the 4.5 up close? It's huge as far as width. This motor is DOA. It will never happen. The motor didn't work and neither did the twin turbo 6.6.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
party pooper

80% of people asked if they wrote a letter to Elvis Presley; would he get it. They said yes.:rolleyes:
There is no patent on the idea of no exhaust manifolds on a diesel engine. Why do you think no other company picked this idea up and ran with it? Why do you think GM went BK? Stupid ideas like the 4.5.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
80% of people asked if they wrote a letter to Elvis Presley; would he get it. They said yes.:rolleyes:
There is no patent on the idea of no exhaust manifolds on a diesel engine. Why do you think no other company picked this idea up and ran with it? Why do you think GM went BK? Stupid ideas like the 4.5.

:(:( why do you want to hurt me sooo... Well there are other options aswell Isuzu happens to make several other small engines. GM Isuzu has worked well in the past I say lets turn to the japs again and give us a good half ton diesel.

Ford and GM are gonna shit when they see what he dodge does even with its non cummins engine

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I believe GMAC and 56 an hour labor rates put them into bankruptcy. They need to bring a solid diesel into the 1/2 ton market, americans aren't as scared of diesel as they used to be.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Have any of you guys seen the 4.5 up close? It's huge as far as width. This motor is DOA. It will never happen. The motor didn't work and neither did the twin turbo 6.6.

The 4.5 was and is an innovative idea... Maybe it didn't pan out but it should lead to somthing more than just being abonded growing pains happen with out the 350 diesel the 6.2/6.5 we wouldn't have our cr dmax now