About time!!!!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Lame, my Colorado was 220hp and slow as shit. But got 23mpg so was t the best cuz it only had a 4l60. If it had a 6 speed it would have helped more.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Haha I am just joking I probably will buy one! Hopefully I didn't hurt anyone else's feelings lol.

I figured you were but you can't see sarcasm in text ;) :hug:

And the Nissan diesel doesn't count as competition because the rest of the truck will fall apart around the motor. Mike you are right there rear ends are so pathetic.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think the big problem with the Nissan will be people towing over the limit rating of the truck because it's a diesel. Truck will fall apart. This is a common practice with the big 3 1/2 tons but they actually hold up. I don't see a Nissan standing up to abuse.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Im installing a transgo reprgram kit and cooler. I doubt it will last long but Ill test it.
Install a new pressure solenoid while you're in there. This has been one of Nissans biggest problems. When it fails the trans goes into self distruct.
Their radiator heat exchanger is another big problem.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I wonder what transmission they will put behind it?? Wonder what their price point will be? I'm sure it'll be over $30K which does me no good. :eek: Also curious what they may be able to squeeze outta them for fuel mileage? Some of the commenters in the OP link say the Dodge 1/2 ton is slated to get right around 30mpg on the road and mid 20s in city which is better than the colorados in aussie country alreay dporting the diesel. Surely these smaller trucks are going to have to do better than that? 30city/35hwy would be sweet! Maybe then I can try to save for one in 2020-2025. LOL

diesel53

Sep 16, 2010
AZ
Install a new pressure solenoid while you're in there. This has been one of Nissans biggest problems. When it fails the trans goes into self distruct.
Their radiator heat exchanger is another big problem.

Self destruct? Figures...

Thanks Mike, the solenoids are on nation wide back order right now though. Im still trying to find some stocked somewhere.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Self destruct? Figures...

Thanks Mike, the solenoids are on nation wide back order right now though. Im still trying to find some stocked somewhere.

Send me your info on the car and I can probably get you some. I think it's important to change them.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Lets see if fleece gets anywhere with the cruise, since they are trying for like 400 hp. If that holds up, then my next truck is going to be on the small side.