$50,000 dollar purse diesel race

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Fl race

Hopefully this time we can meet up Todd. This should be fun having that many trucks running the same class. I'm sure racers will try anything at a chance to win that kind of money. It will take a sledpuller's HP and a drag racers shot at the lite. I bet Rob H will be there and a lot of others like him. This will be a good winter time get a way. Jeff

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I don't know what a sled puller 66 is :eek:

But, I do know Casper went 11.77 @ 114 in 2006 with the HTT 66 and dual fuelers on a stock engine.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Hopefully this time we can meet up Todd. This should be fun having that many trucks running the same class. I'm sure racers will try anything at a chance to win that kind of money. It will take a sledpuller's HP and a drag racers shot at the lite. I bet Rob H will be there and a lot of others like him. This will be a good winter time get a way. Jeff

I will be there for sure, I have the time off for both weekends mentioned :thumb: If anybody complains I can be home in 5 minutes. I will just be out getting supplies a bunch that weekend. I'm stoked my roots are drag racing, said many times we were going to quit pulling but November 13th is the last pull until at least after this maybe forever :dontknow: We are not sure if we are bring the black 4x4 or the 92 shortbed with a 4 link, maybe both :D

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
All BS aside, what ET or mph do you think would be competitive and worth the trip?

Tom,
I'd think the great majority of trucks will be between 11 & 12.8. You'll get some 10 second passes. The air is pretty darn good that time of year :thumb: I also think a consistant driver may win this. Fastest does NOT always win

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i am still lost on the turbo rule, i think.....they are allowing clipped-wheel turbos correct? and are they plugging them with 2.6" plugs or 2.65" plugs? I really want to make the trip, but I dont know if I can take the time out of school. and I have 3 weeks of AT in march already.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom,
I'd think the great majority of trucks will be between 11 & 12.8. You'll get some 10 second passes. The air is pretty darn good that time of year :thumb: I also think a consistant driver may win this. Fastest does NOT always win
Todd, I know that. ;) Consistancy/reaction time are king. Thanks.

id say mid 11s will give you a chance ...

Thanks Jess.

I have to put in vacation time for next year in Nov. I was just curious if it would be worth the time and expense.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
i am still lost on the turbo rule, i think.....they are allowing clipped-wheel turbos correct? and are they plugging them with 2.6" plugs or 2.65" plugs? I really want to make the trip, but I dont know if I can take the time out of school. and I have 3 weeks of AT in march already.

Scheid Diesel Sled pull 2.6 rules

Turbocharger:
The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.65 inch plug the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.